Credit Reports

Shamil

Has anyone viewed theirs?

I've used both Experian (Credit Check) and Credit Call.
Experian, for some reason, is not listing accurate information - not sure why, and Credit Call lists information more meaningful to me.

It turns out, that for some odd reason, PayPal decided to do three consecutive checks on the same day for the same reason - someone has some explaining to do.

I'm not really sure about using credit reports online...I have always wanted to check my credit without burning my hand with regards to credit.

Experian, for some reason, is not listing accurate information - not sure why, and Credit Call lists information more meaningful to me.

It turns out, that for some odd reason, PayPal decided to do three consecutive checks on the same day for the same reason - someone has some explaining to do.

Unless you've ever defaulted on payments or been refused finance your credit score is of little value to know.

I've been refused a credit card :p

Credit cards are usually decided on your age vs income vs expenses, and the credit check only takes place after you get accepted.

I imagine you got declined due to your age and probable lack of guaranteed income.

Credit cards are usually decided on your age vs income vs expenses, and the credit check only takes place after you get accepted.

I imagine you got declined due to your age and probable lack of guaranteed income.

Hmm, probably, but they all did state something pertinent to my credit report - actually, Lloyds TSB said it was due to issues with my payment history.

Hmm, probably, but they all did state something pertinent to my credit report - actually, Lloyds TSB said it was due to issues with my payment history.

Without knowing your exact finances, hard to say. Do you bank with lloyds? If so, do you have a regular income to the account (eg £1000 per month gtd) and any payments going out each month eg mobile phone contract?

Banks like to see some sort of financial stability before giving you a credit card, and you will be given a peice of paper which says "subject to credit check" which occurs atfter you have signed to say you want one.

I work for JP Morgan Chase.

The only credit report spot on the net that the FTC recognizes is annualcreditreport.com

You are allowed one credit report from all three reporting agencies (Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax) free per year.

What I do is run one every 4 months. So I do Trans Union, then 4 months later do Experian, and so on. All 3 usually differ a bit.

This way you can basically view your records every 4 months.

The report is free, but they do charge for your score if you want it.

Checking it doesn't affect your score.
I know, that's not what I meant, tho. I meant like there's a bunch of websites saying you can get free credit reports so I don't trust majority of them. I always think of security first before doing anything regarding personal info.
You said in another thread that your bank had agreed funding for your company, why not borrow the money from the company purse/credit card?
They check your credit, and if rejected, they deduct your credit rating.. so it affects your overall credit standing, and then it hurts your chances of getting funding from banks like Shamil obviously did.

The keyword here is caution. The point is not to ruin what you already have. Because if you check through your bank, and your bank knows that you don't have good credit, you lose the funding pronto.

I've used Experian....or was it Expedia? or Equifax? Heck if I can remember, back in December/January 2011, because my uncle was defaulting on the mortgage payment and lying about it
I found out through the credit report/check heh
My "very good" rating took a nose dive down to "Poor" thanks to him.

You said in another thread that your bank had agreed funding for your company, why not borrow the money from the company purse/credit card?

Isn't that illegal?

EDIT: apparently it isn't. I could effectively loan money out to myself - though I'd have to declare this on forms.

I know, that's not what I meant, tho. I meant like there's a bunch of websites saying you can get free credit reports so I don't trust majority of them. I always think of security first before doing anything regarding personal info.

Only Experian, I know are trustworthy - the banks etc here even recommend and use them.

They check your credit, and if rejected, they deduct your credit rating.. so it affects your overall credit standing, and then it hurts your chances of getting funding from banks like Shamil obviously did.

That's interesting - I thought the score was only influences by debts, CCJs etc.

The keyword here is caution. The point is not to ruin what you already have. Because if you check through your bank, and your bank knows that you don't have good credit, you lose the funding pronto.

Very true.

I've used Experian....or was it Expedia? or Equifax? Heck if I can remember, back in December/January 2011, because my uncle was defaulting on the mortgage payment and lying about it
I found out through the credit report/check heh
My "very good" rating took a nose dive down to "Poor" thanks to him.

Experian.

Expedia does holidays.

Equifax is another credit agency :P

:o Did you have a join account?

Top Bottom