Creation of Custom Terms and Rules

Jim Giles

I am a long time vBulletin owner and I'm considering purchasing XenForo.

I am especially interested in expressing the terms and rules to new users explicitly in my own words before they register and I have a demo of your forum going now but I cannot figure out how to create a Custom Terms and Rules.

It sure would be nice if you could simply edit the existing one. I want my custom terms and rules to look exactly like XenForo's except with my text, i.e., the formatting and within the forum, etc. I don't understand how to effect this.

Thank you.

I had tried that and get the following reply in my demo version of XenForo:

Error
Phrases in this language can not be modified. Please try another.

Works for me in the demo. Add this url to the end of your demo link, does it work?

Code:
admin.php?phrases/terms_rules_text.5295/edit&language_id=1

Works for me in the demo. Add this url to the end of your demo link, does it work?

Code:
admin.php?phrases/terms_rules_text.5295/edit&language_id=1

No, but I navigated to Edit Phrase: terms_rules_text through search phrases. So, the issue is resolved.

FYI, your url was correct except for 3 numbers. Must be a demo issue.

Thank you.

Okay, it's definitely fixed now. No more error messages.

P.S. I am very mindful of how annoying redundant threads are but I have other questions about XenFora. For example:

How easy is the install?
Is it possible to require the gender question to be answered male or female and delete not specified when registering?
Is it possible to require payment to become a user?
I see the discourage feature but you can ban an IP address, correct?

Thank you.

XenForo is very easy to install, but if you have trouble there is a forum dedicated to helping you through it.
You can require a payment post-registration through a user group promotion. However, you can't require it before registration. You may be able to integrate into other software, but the default software doesn't work.
Yes, you can ban by IP.

As for the gender, you may be able to modify it via templates, but I'm not certain on that.

Top Bottom