XF 1.5 Creating Test Site - 500 Error

MDaly

I'm new to Xenforo. I have been using Brogan's Guide for creating a Test Site from our Live Site.

When I access the new test url, the Admin link still goes back to the Live site so I am unable to update the Basic Board Info.

Also the home page displays yet where the Forum Details should be displayed, I am seeing error "The requested page could not be found.".

Are there additional files that need to be updated?

When I access the new test url, the Admin link still goes back to the Live site so I am unable to update the Basic Board Info.
The Board URL is unrelated to the admin link, so I suspect caching or something else is at play.
You can though access the ACP directly via http://localhost/installation/admin.php

Also the home page displays yet where the Forum Details should be displayed, I am seeing error "The requested page could not be found.".
That sounds like a FURLs issue.
Does it work if you disable Friendly URLs?
If so, ensure the .htaccess file is in place.

Brogan, my copy I not local to my machine. However I did attempt to use the link you provided and I get an error message that this page cannot be accessed. What is the proper way to access ACP from within Xenforo file structure?

Still looking for a way to get to the ACP for my new Test copy of my live site.

To be clear, I enter

mysite/test get headers then content area says "The requested page could not be found"
mysite/test/admin.php get headers then content area says "The requested page could not be found"
mysite/test , login, click on Admin bar goes to mysite.com/admin.php (not test)

I can only assume it's something to do with how you have created the test installation, or it's a server specific issue.

The instructions in the resource, if followed correctly, should result in a working test installation.

When hovering over the admin link does the browser show the address of the live site ACP?

The admin link may actually be correct but may get redirected in your server to your live site. In that case, you'd have to remove the redirecting in the server first before you can do anything else.

Top Bottom