Creating Member Wishlists - Help me Brainstorm?

Divinum Fiat

Hi all,
I can't seem to wrap my head around the best option to create a feature where members can create their own wishlists. The purpose of it is manifold - birthday items, items to barter.

I was thinking of creating an extra tab in the profile where people could create their own lists of things they want (with links of where to buy them). But this would prevent visitors from seeing the list. Then I was thinking of just creating a forum called "Member Wishlists." Then I thought of using the Resources feature but this could get messy.

The lists would be "work in progress" - every time a member gets an item (either by themselves or a client who barters them for services, or gifts them), they need to have the ability to remove the item or update the item, etc.

Urgh - does anyone have any ideas of what the best way within XF is to create this and have it available for non-members to view?

Thanks, Morgain. For now the Resources are not available for just anyone to post, this is an upgraded function. The wishlist needs to be PER member and somehow picked up by Google.

Thanks, Morgain. For now the Resources are not available for just anyone to post, this is an upgraded function. The wishlist needs to be PER member and somehow picked up by Google.

Not sure about google though I believe that works, But for ability to post on RM it#s a usergroup membership. status. So I reate an RM Author usergroup.

Top Bottom