Creating bbcode with custom html

ColdIce

Hello,

I'm new to Xenforo-development, but hope to get settled in fast enough.
I've already written the code for an old system, which I need to migrate to XenForo-code.

The code makes use of a custom class which parses an URL by using file_get_contents with json_decode then returns the parsed data as a stdClass.

My question here, how would I go about using a stdClass in a template?
Here is the original HTML-file which I parse in my old-code: http://pastebin.com/qHwj6g4W
Also to be noted, the JS at the bottom of pastebin-code is individual to every bbcode parsed. I'm using a custom piechart code.

I need to convert this into XenForo template...

If there is more to answered, I'll happily provide the necessary info.

That post is written back in 2010.
I read that post, looks promising. Isn't it outdated?

So I will need to write a custom render function?
And about caching, as this is written out as HTML - how can Xenforo cache this?
In my old system I made use of phpfastcache which wrote the custom parsed bbcode to a html file and then later on, when a user viewed a thread, it would look up if a cache existed by a generated id (based on the inputed url to the bbcode)

No. I have been using that code within my BBCode Manager since 2010. It hasn't changed. There is a BBCode cache built in, you can find this option under "Performance".

@Jeremy I've migrated to Xenforo 1.3 RC1 now.

I was thinking about using a BB Code Media Site.
How would I go about creating the HTML? If you take look at my pastebin-file in first post, there is a lot to be parsed from a JSON-request. Could you help me out with this?

To render this in my old system, I take use of a simple template class which do the following:
Turn on: ob_start
Get the file
input variables
return the view

then in my old bbcode-system I just require the template class, and render it to the user.

Could I take use of: getViewRenderer? So I could parse an html file?

Thanks.

Top Bottom