• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Creating an addon and a weird thing happens! Help!

Matthew Hawley

Okay lets see what I'm doing.

So this the Listener.php

Code:
<?php

class MumbleViewer_Listener
{
    public static function templateHook($hookName, &$contents, array $hookParams, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
    {
        if ($hookName == 'ad_sidebar_bottom')
        {
            $contents .= $template->create('mumble_viewer_sidebar', $template->getParams());
        }
    }
}
This is the template mumble_viewer_sidebar:

Code:
<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent">
        <h3>{xen:phrase mumble_viewer_sidebar_title}</h3>
                      <iframe src="http://cache.www.gametracker.com/components/html0/?host=193.218.154.228:64738&bgColor=1F2642&fontColor=8790AE&titleBgColor=11172D&titleColor=FFFFFF&borderColor=333333&linkColor=FF9900&borderLinkColor=999999&showMap=0&currentPlayersHeight=160&showCurrPlayers=1&showTopPlayers=0&showBlogs=0&width=240" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="240" height="348"></iframe>
    </div>
</div>
And this is what I put into the form for creating a Code Event Listener

addonhelp.png

Now when I save everything shows up like its supposed to, except this happens. (You may have to look closely, theres a gray space above the moderator bar.

addonproblem.png

When I put "templateHook" into the Event Hint the problem in the image above goes way, but the template that goes in "ad_sidebar_bottom goes away aswell. I suspect there might be a new way of doing this in 1.2 or something. Anyone know the problem?

Thanks in advance!

I also get server errors from the addon im making.

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/store/library/MumbleViewer/Listener.php:1) - library/XenForo/CssOutput.php:558
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:32 PM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/home/mcwh/publ...', 558, Array)
#1 /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/store/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(558): header('Content-type: t...')
#2 /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/store/library/XenForo/CssOutput.php(590): XenForo_CssOutput->displayCss('@CHARSET "UTF-8...')
#3 /home/mcwh/public_html/letspwn.com/store/css.php(12): XenForo_CssOutput::run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(86) "http://letspwn.com/store/css.php?css=xenforo,form,public&style=15&dir=LTR&d=1371731639"
["_GET"] => array(4) {
["css"] => string(19) "xenforo,form,public"
["style"] => string(2) "15"
["dir"] => string(3) "LTR"
["d"] => string(10) "1371731639"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

SneakyDave

Normally that error means you are echoing/printing something from PHP file Listener.php, or you have some additional white space after the ?> at the end of the file, but I would suspect xF takes care of that(?)

Do you need the ?> at the end of the listener?

I don't think so.

This is the Listener.php

Code:
<?php

class MumbleViewer_Listener
{
    public static function templateHook($hookName, &$contents, array $hookParams, XenForo_Template_Abstract $template)
    {
        if ($hookName == 'ad_sidebar_bottom')
        {
            $contents .= $template->create('mumble_viewer_sidebar', $template->getParams());
        }
    }
}

SneakyDave

Yeah, you don't need the ?> at the end. Do you have display_errors on in your config? Maybe there's a a notice or something being displayed?

SneakyDave

I don't know if it will help, but you can try adding this to your config.php temporarily to see if there is a notice or something, but it appears to me something it being sent as output before the headers can be set.

Code:
ini_set('display_errors', true);