XF 1.5 Creating a thread as a category?

T Money

Normally as I understand it, a thread belongs to a forum, which in turn belong to a category:

CATEGORY -> FORUM -> THREAD

Is there a way to create a thread as a category, thereby bypassing a forum page?

What's the end goal?

You can swap the category for a forum (forums can have sub-forums), in which you could create a thread.

Forum
|- Threads
|- Subforum
|-- Threads

I want to create a single thread only that belongs to one category (and no more threads will be allowed), hence do not require a forum page to minimize the hassle.

For example: for this thread "Creating thread as a category?", I wish to place it in the main "Forums" page and go directly here, without going to "Xenforo Community Support".

You could create a forum (instead of a category) and disable all posting to it for everyone but admins, but that still wouldn't display the thread in the node list.

What I would do is create a (stickied and closed) thread in a forum somewhere, and create a link node to it. It still requires your thread to be in a forum, but it will at least be in the node list. This is what is done with the FAQ node here:

zKkGerF.png

Otherwise it would require custom development.

Top Bottom