XF 1.5 Creating a test website

asma

Good day

i have been struggling with this issue for so long, heres what happened:

1- we had a live and running website with everything as cool as could be.. one day we faced an issue with the domain name being blocked by one ISP locally for no logical reason, we tried to follow up and resolve but management just said get a new domain
2- we contacted our hosting provider, who also is responsible for managing and maintaining the server, please do whats is necessary to change the domain from domain.net to domain.me and make it as seamlessly as possible to the users regarding redirect and in google search results where traffic mostly origins
3- now the website is back running smoothly again and everyone is happy
4- management said we need to create a test website copy to check all new plugins and customizations and updates, so we contacted our hosting providers again, please copy all content files and database to test.domain.me
5- hosting said voila copy is created. first test was for upgrading xenforo from 1.5.4 to 1.5.14 and here we noticed the major issue.. the database was corrupted with serialization and array count error and more
6- back to hosting, please copy the database again, still didn't work, reached out to xenforo support, said its a problem with copying the database where the hosting did a Find\Replace and messed up everything
7- hosting said its a basic procedure that was done when moving from domain.net to domain.me and again from domain.me to test.domain.me
8- i kept on going back and forth with hosting and xenforo support till finally management said: you know what, just remove everything and create a fresh installation in the test and then import just a part of the data for testing

now.. i installed a fresh copy in the test website, installed the plugins, the language file, the theme

1- how do i copy all the configurations and customization from the live website to the fresh installed test to make it look exactly as the live website without users and posts?

2- how do i copy part of the data, recent users and posts for the last 3 months only?

If I understood your case clearly, you have a fresh installation and you need to import the data from a live working website. You can use the tool that is available in your XF ADMINCP to import data from XF1.2+ But you don’t have the ability to control the date, so basically you will import the full data of each table you click to import.

Good day

i have been struggling with this issue for so long, heres what happened:

1- we had a live and running website with everything as cool as could be.. one day we faced an issue with the domain name being blocked by one ISP locally for no logical reason, we tried to follow up and resolve but management just said get a new domain
2- we contacted our hosting provider, who also is responsible for managing and maintaining the server, please do whats is necessary to change the domain from domain.net to domain.me and make it as seamlessly as possible to the users regarding redirect and in google search results where traffic mostly origins
3- now the website is back running smoothly again and everyone is happy
4- management said we need to create a test website copy to check all new plugins and customizations and updates, so we contacted our hosting providers again, please copy all content files and database to test.domain.me
5- hosting said voila copy is created. first test was for upgrading xenforo from 1.5.4 to 1.5.14 and here we noticed the major issue.. the database was corrupted with serialization and array count error and more
6- back to hosting, please copy the database again, still didn't work, reached out to xenforo support, said its a problem with copying the database where the hosting did a Find\Replace and messed up everything
7- hosting said its a basic procedure that was done when moving from domain.net to domain.me and again from domain.me to test.domain.me
8- i kept on going back and forth with hosting and xenforo support till finally management said: you know what, just remove everything and create a fresh installation in the test and then import just a part of the data for testing

now.. i installed a fresh copy in the test website, installed the plugins, the language file, the theme

1- how do i copy all the configurations and customization from the live website to the fresh installed test to make it look exactly as the live website without users and posts?

2- how do i copy part of the data, recent users and posts for the last 3 months only?
create a back up through your host.

Top Bottom