Creating a support forum

Morgain

I'm looking at creating a support forum where users do not see others threads.
So on this forum's Permissions I Revoke permission to View threads by others:
but
Allow/ green yes on View content/ Post new/ Post reply/ Upload and view attachments.

None of this will affect these users permissions elsewhere?
Please tell me if I have this wrong?

Now as to myself and selected staff to be alerted to these requests (and any followup posts)
- how do we get notified?
We won't be on those threads as they appear.

I wondered if putting this forum on moderate would work. But it's not very satisfying for user not to see their post appear. I guess I could edit the moderation message.

Also how do moderation notifications work? (I never used it) Do we all get notified by email? (I know there's a moderator bar but a) not very noticeable and b) needs to visit to see it)

Seems an issue there with not being able to remove an alert when someone else has handled it.

How do mods here or elsewhere do it?

I'm looking at creating a support forum where users do not see others threads.
So on this forum's Permissions I Revoke permission to View threads by others:
but
Allow/ green yes on View content/ Post new/ Post reply/ Upload and view attachments.

None of this will affect these users permissions elsewhere?
Please tell me if I have this wrong?

You're right, these are permissoins specific to the node you are editing. It will not affect other nodes.

Now as to myself and selected staff to be alerted to these requests (and any followup posts)
- how do we get notified?
We won't be on those threads as they appear.

I wondered if putting this forum on moderate would work. But it's not very satisfying for user not to see their post appear. I guess I could edit the moderation message.

Also how do moderation notifications work? (I never used it) Do we all get notified by email? (I know there's a moderator bar but a) not very noticeable and b) needs to visit to see it)

Seems an issue there with not being able to remove an alert when someone else has handled it.

How do mods here or elsewhere do it?
For you and your staff to see the content do not forget to explicitly modify their permission by setting green yes to "View threads by others".
Then, I'd suggest you use an add-on for following forums: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-forum-watch.660/

Top Bottom