1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a multi game guild website

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by Commodore, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Commodore

Commodore Member

Here's the challenge. I LOVE xenForo. I would like to create a website for an MMO guild that has 6 chapters, and hosts 2 alliances.

Here's my site:

Tyrs Paladium

Here's what I need:

A FRONT: I don't want just a forum. I want a Home Page where I can put guild news, a chat box (I love cbox), a youtube video playlist, popular posts etc..

Roster: I need 6 rosters, one for each game. Or one roster that breaks everything down nicely.

Recruitment: I need 6 applications, with different questions for each game.

Raid Calendar: Yep, I need 6 calendars. The one we have now they can sign up with their character that they added to the roster

Ranks/Permissions: I'm guessing this one is easy. We need guild leader, officers and member ranks. Id also love to be able to customize ranks so I can give someone a Scribe rank, or whatever we want to call it.

Alliances: have to think of a way to allow alliance guilds to sign up to raids that we post on our site.

Ok let's start with this much. Can it be done?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Other than the ranks and permissions, the rest would require custom development or third party add-ons.

There are add-ons for home pages, chat, calendar, etc. but I wouldn't be able to say for the rest.
    You can try searching the resources: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/
  3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

XenPorta 2
    or embed IRC.
    Simple Forms ?
    Nodes as Tabs - One forum, 6 threads.
    Maybe one calendar but 6 filters ?
    they'd probably have to register.
    Maybe the Event could have a "I'm coming" "Can't come" option ?
    XenMedio has that.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Member

Thank you both. Awesome DD!!

Calendar: one calendar but 6 filters. Hmmm how would that look? Do you know of an example I could see?
  5. Commodore

Commodore Member

Also these seem to be pay software. My budget is really tight. Any free alternatives?
  6. ŽivaAkcija

ŽivaAkcija Well-Known Member

7. Commodore

Commodore Member

That's close. But is there anything of that quality for guilds?
  8. Bionic Rooster

Bionic Rooster Well-Known Member

Commodore likes this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Member

Thank you Bionic Rooster!

This seems to be an up and coming PHP solution (at last!) for guild leaders. I'm in communication with the developer now. Let's see where this goes.
    Bionic Rooster likes this.
  10. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Snog likes this.
  11. Commodore

Commodore Member

I bought Xenforo! What fun!! Admin HEAVEN.

My last dilemma I need to solve is a feature I REALLY LOVED about ShivTR, which we scheduled our raids.

Its a calender that syncs with members (right down to the character they added to the Guild Roster) to allow event signups.

For example, on Monday I post a guild raid for Friday. Guildies sign up. They can sign up as YES NO or MAYBE.

I'll need 6 calendars (One for each game we play). Each guild chapter has its own member directory in which we can break into ranks (Officer Guild Leader, regular member). It also mentions which game they play.

So basically, CALENDAR - ROSTER/MEMBER DIRECTORY integration.

PS: Digital Doctor mentioned above ---- "Maybe one calendar but 6 filters". How would this work?