Created Account Upgrade, but user group won't take.

When a user currently signs up for one of my upgraded accounts it keeps them under the user group Registered instead of the upgraded one.

I went in and change registered to a display level 2, and the upgraded level 1. Any idea why its not working? Also if the main one says Registered and the sub says Upgraded it won't take either.

Any known fix?

Do you mean their user title isn't changing despite being successfully upgraded to the new group? In that case try rebuilding the user cache:

Admin CP -> Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild User Caches

If the group itself isn't applying then you need to make sure the payment and callback are working. See my post here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/problem-with-user-upgrades.30071/#post-344435

And note that user upgrades add secondary group memberships. The primary group will still be Registered. That is normal.

Do you mean their user title isn't changing despite being successfully upgraded to the new group? In that case try rebuilding the user cache:

If the group itself isn't applying then you need to make sure the payment and callback are working. See my post here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/problem-with-user-upgrades.30071/#post-344435

And note that user upgrades add secondary group memberships. The primary group will still be Registered. That is normal.

Oh okay, yeah the problem is when its a secondary group it won't allow the custom user titles to work. Is this normal or do I need to rebuild the user caches everyday?

Oh okay, yeah the problem is when its a secondary group it won't allow the custom user titles to work. Is this normal or do I need to rebuild the user caches everyday?

It can work. It depends on the display priorities of the groups, not the primary / secondary status:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click the group] -> Display Styling Priority

After changing the priorities you may need to rebuild the cache:

Top Bottom