I created a page but I can't see it anywhere. These are the steps I took:

1. logged in to my ACP
  2. created a node, type= page
  3. added the URL portion
  4. added the page title
  5. set parent node to "none"
  6. unchecked the "display in nodes list" option
  7. added the html content that I wanted the page to display
  8. left all other settings at default including navigation section which is set to "Default (forums)"
  9. clicked save
  10. I went to node permissions
  11. selected all of the usergroups that I want to be able to view the page
  12. clicked save

however when I visit the forum the new page does not appear on my navigation bar. Am I missing a step?

thanks for your reply, with your help I managed to figure out how to get it to display on the Navigation menu. How do I go about building that page so it appears with widgets? I went to widgets, and clicked on the one I wanted to add, but didn't see the new page I created as an option to add the widgets to. I looked through the documentation but didn't see what I was looking for, and would appreciate any input on this.

You add the widgets to the page node template manually using: <xf:widget key="widget_key" /> .
thanks for the reply. Pasting the code in to the widget just seems to display the widget to the top of that page, which is cool to know, but perhaps I am asking the question the wrong way. What I am trying to do is have the page I created become a location for the widgets to know to attach themselves to. I want to use widgets but have them displayed in the usual places such as sidebars, footer etc. when that page is displayed.

There are no display positions for page nodes - the widgets have to be added manually.

You can also add them to regular templates and use display condition statements to only show them when viewing a specific page:

Thanks for the reply. That seems overly complicated and not at all intuitive. It seems to me that it would be an important and much-needed feature to add in to the software, that whenever a page is created it automagically is available for the widget display options.

Top Bottom