Create View For Use in External Database

LPH

I'm wanting to use the information stored in xf_user and xf_user_authenticate for moodle authentication. I think building a view with the two tables would allow me to use the Moodle external database plugin. What security risk might I run into ?

DB name Name of the database itself
DB user Username with read access to the database
Password Password matching the above username
Table Name of the table in the database
Username field Name of the field containing usernames
Password field Name of the field containing passwords
Password format
Specify the format that the password field is using. MD5 hashing is useful for connecting to other common web applications like PostNuke.

Sorry to bump this but I'm interested in getting XF members as registered members into the Moodle installation. This is a vital piece for my students because some have trouble remembering one password - let alone a second :)

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get a view created so I can use the XF information. I listed what is necessary in the OP.

I've returned to this project and really need to figure out where XenForo is keeping the user password. I know the db name, db user, db password, table, and username field. :p

Where in the heck is that damn password field in the table xf_user? Or is it kept in another table?

Screen Shot 2013-06-08 at 8.17.47 AM.webp

Sigh... this is the view that I built in phpmyadmin

Code:
CREATE VIEW moodle AS
SELECT a.username, b.remember_key
FROM xf_user a, xf_user_authenticate b
WHERE a.user_id = b.user_id

Is the remember_key correct or is there some combination with the scheme that is important? :unsure:

Top Bottom