Lack of interest Create thread option - unapprove/hide from public view

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Member 3639

Basically me and my moderator have started doing bigger news articles for my website that may take a day or two to write.

Is there/can you implement a way to create a thread and have it "unapproved" from the get go? Can't see any option to right now.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That's not currently possible.

Why don't you create a private forum and compose the threads there, then move them into the public forum when they're ready?

Not currently possible no, that's why it's in the small feature requests forum as it would stop people having to create a totally separate forum.

After all - you can currently unnaprove the posts and their state changes in the database - pish easy for the devs to implement.

The sql field "discussion_state" (visible/invisible) is there for a reason. It's not impossible at all - for someone who knows php it would take a couple minutes to implement.

It doesn't require any database changes, only a new post option like "Post as hidden topic".

That's not currently possible.

Why don't you create a private forum and compose the threads there, then move them into the public forum when they're ready?
Because then when it's moved to the public forum, it's not technically "new" and won't show up at the top of the "What's New" list, and will most likely go unnoticed. This was the issue with vBulletin, too; the only way around this was the "change post date/time" modification.

Because then when it's moved to the public forum, it's not technically "new" and won't show up at the top of the "What's New" list, and will most likely go unnoticed. This was the issue with vBulletin, too; the only way around this was the "change post date/time" modification.
Or to copy and paste the content to a new thread, which is what I do on my forum.

Or to copy and paste the content to a new thread, which is what I do on my forum.

But it's just another way around what would be an easy feature to implement that i have no doubt people will use, sounds like you could use it and Nick seems to like the idea too.

Personally speaking, no, I wouldn't use such a feature, even if it was available.
I prefer to use a private forum for composing threads in advance.

You just said you use a private forum and then copy and paste them into a new topic....seems like wasted effort to me because you don't seem to like the idea :S

Why do you prefer that way to my idea?

Because rather than having threads dotted around the forum, they'd all be in one place, which makes them easier to manage and work with, for me and the other staff.

Yeah i guess that's one thing about using them that way.

I still would prefer at least having the option of hiding a post when it is created.

Top Bottom