Create new pages

Robin Punkt

Hey,

My questions is if there is a feature that already exsist or if there is a plugin for the following:

I would like to create more pages on my website tho we are not only using it as a forum. My question is if there is an automated sytem for creating standalone pages for example showing up other things than the forum content.

For example:
Create a menu link for "rules" then when somone click on it they come to a page where i have written the rules. Is there some CMS system for this?

Thanks alot for answers, we are in need of creating new pages on our website that are using xenforo.

I wouldn't class them as "very limited" as ragtek has.
Have they an wysiwyg editor?
Can you link them in the navbar/sidebar/footer?

Can you create/edit them in the frontend?
Can you define usergroup permissions, so not only admins can create/edit them?
Are they searchable?

As I said, I wouldn't class them as "very limited".
They fulfil their role very well; they were never intended to be a replacement for a CMS/Wiki/etc.

You obviously have a different opinion.

IMO I think they can be very powerfull, but yet limited for the average user who doesn't really know what they are doing. If some of the things that ragtek add-on does would be implemented into the core system, it would make it that much better with a bag of chips :D
  • Option to create Navbar link
  • WYSIWYG Editor
  • Allow comments
Of course we can mention other things such as sidebar, etc.. but IMO that would be crossing the line into making a CMS system, but to keep things simple I think those 3 options would make the page system one of the most complete system that has been requested for quite sometime between the average forum admin around.

Just my 2 cents (y)

Hey,

My questions is if there is a feature that already exsist or if there is a plugin for the following:

I would like to create more pages on my website tho we are not only using it as a forum. My question is if there is an automated sytem for creating standalone pages for example showing up other things than the forum content.

For example:
Create a menu link for "rules" then when somone click on it they come to a page where i have written the rules. Is there some CMS system for this?

Thanks alot for answers, we are in need of creating new pages on our website that are using xenforo.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pages.489/

Mike said:
The exact look of the auto-generated navigation is a work-in-progress as well. :)

Top Bottom