Not a bug Create new language and outdated phrases

kaieivindm

Hi,

I dont know if this is as intended, but its at least very annoying from a user perspective.
My issue is that outdated phrases contains ALL phrases for a newly created and updated language.

I.E.

1) Create new language in ACP
2) Import XML file
3) Choose new language as default language
4) Result is: all phrases in the language shows in the "outdated phrase" list.

This goes for both creating and updating existing language.

Can't recall I had this in XF 1.5.

If you can provide the language XML or point in the direction of the one you're using we'll do some testing.

Thanks.

This doesn't appear to be all phrases. The first phrase in the list is add_secondary_user_group.

It has a "Custom" version of 1.3.0 and a "Parent" version of 2.0.0 Alpha.

This means that the master phrase has been edited in version 2.0.0 Alpha but the last time the "Custom" version was edited was in version 1.3.0. By its very definition, that's an outdated phrase.

I'm not sure what approach was taken to perform this translation but I suspect it was either done manually by editing the XML directly, or when it was brought into XF2, those phrases remained outdated and they weren't fixed.

The way forward is to resolve the outdated templates, editing them accordingly and re-exporting the language.

Obviously that would better be done by the author.

Thanks.

This doesn't appear to be all phrases. The first phrase in the list is add_secondary_user_group.

It has a "Custom" version of 1.3.0 and a "Parent" version of 2.0.0 Alpha.

This means that the master phrase has been edited in version 2.0.0 Alpha but the last time the "Custom" version was edited was in version 1.3.0. By its very definition, that's an outdated phrase.

I'm not sure what approach was taken to perform this translation but I suspect it was either done manually by editing the XML directly, or when it was brought into XF2, those phrases remained outdated and they weren't fixed.

The way forward is to resolve the outdated templates, editing them accordingly and re-exporting the language.

Obviously that would better be done by the author.

Thanks!

Top Bottom