Create New Add-On?

I noticed that in the demo version, the Create Add-On button is not visible in the Admin Control Panel >List Add-Ons page. Can I create custom Add-Ons with only the base XenForo license ($140.00) or do I also need to purchase any Extras in order to write my own Add-ons? Thank you.

I noticed that in the demo version, the Create Add-On button is not visible in the Admin Control Panel >List Add-Ons page. Can I create custom Add-Ons with only the base XenForo license ($140.00) or do I also need to purchase any Extras in order to write my own Add-ons? Thank you.
Some features are enabled when you have debug enabled - and I seriously doubt that the Demo has debug enabled. AFAIK no extras are needed to create add-ons.

If you are talking about complex add-ons, then you will need to be familiar with php, interfacing php with mysql, etc.

Yes, I'm aware of that... It's how I created some specific instances for styling additions on my forums. What was throwing me was the "button" reference. I know it displays a new nav tab. ;)

Yeah, I was going to expand on that but the editor started bugging out...

(The keyboard was going away as soon as it appeared when clicking the editor...)

Real add-on development wouldn't be very demonstrable since you would need to be able to upload files. The only thing I can think of that would work on the demo site had it been available is creating an addon that is essentially just a template modification, can throw some options up and use them with a template. But overall the majority of work done requires ftp access as well.

Top Bottom