Create a PDF

Lee

Does anybody know of any software (similar to adobe X, but not as I dislike it) that can enable any application to print as a PDF? Or publish as a PDF?

Important to print as a PDF as I have multiple pages of autocad drawings that I can group together in a "set" and print to one PDF. That is how adobe X handles it, but the quality of the print seems to not be good at all.

Does anybody know of any software (similar to adobe X, but not as I dislike it) that can enable any application to print as a PDF? Or publish as a PDF?

Important to print as a PDF as I have multiple pages of autocad drawings that I can group together in a "set" and print to one PDF. That is how adobe X handles it, but the quality of the print seems to not be good at all.
http://www.pdfforge.org/

I do believe Open Office has had this function for ages. Pull in the document, and then print to .pdf.

That won't work with my AutoCAD dwg files though :p

Still nice to know. I always overlook open office. Gunna download it tonight.

Are you able to convert your .dwg files to .dxf? If you can do that, I think OO will read it, or you could check out LibreCAD.

LibreOffice is where it's at these days, open office is pretty much dead

And yeah any printer driver based pdf converter will work in autocad, though some work better than others (can't remember offhand which the best one is)

If you have access to a Mac, just hit File -> Print -> PDF in any application.

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-19%20at%2011.42.07%20AM.png

Otherwise, I remember using this several years ago. Not sure how good it is because I only used it casually but it's worth a shot since it's free. http://www.primopdf.com

If I remember correctly, PDF 5.0 code is open source. Therefore if you require additional encryption or encoding to the PDF 5.0 open source format, then you must buy Adobe Acrobat. The Academic or an older version on eBay above 5.0 format will be sufficient enough to protect your PDF document at this time.

I use Corel PDF Fusion as it allows me to edit text in a PDF and combine PDF's and do all kinds of PDF manipulation. Plus it opens up about every file known to man.

Top Bottom