1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create a PDF

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lee, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Does anybody know of any software (similar to adobe X, but not as I dislike it) that can enable any application to print as a PDF? Or publish as a PDF?

Important to print as a PDF as I have multiple pages of autocad drawings that I can group together in a "set" and print to one PDF. That is how adobe X handles it, but the quality of the print seems to not be good at all.
  2. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

I do believe Open Office has had this function for ages. Pull in the document, and then print to .pdf.
  3. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

So does Microsoft Office. Just save as and change the doc type.
  4. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you have to pay for M$ Office. :D
  5. Edrondol

Edrondol Well-Known Member

true, but most people at a workplace already have it. I don't think I've ever worked at a place that didn't.
  6. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

7. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

That won't work with my AutoCAD dwg files though :p

Still nice to know. I always overlook open office. Gunna download it tonight.
  8. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

9. Biker

Biker Well-Known Member

Are you able to convert your .dwg files to .dxf? If you can do that, I think OO will read it, or you could check out LibreCAD.
  10. Boothby

Boothby Active Member

freepdf 4 is a good tool. It works as a printer driver and so you can just print your pdf.
  11. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks!
  12. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

LibreOffice is where it's at these days, open office is pretty much dead

And yeah any printer driver based pdf converter will work in autocad, though some work better than others (can't remember offhand which the best one is)
  13. rollthebones

rollthebones Active Member

If you have access to a Mac, just hit File -> Print -> PDF in any application.

Otherwise, I remember using this several years ago. Not sure how good it is because I only used it casually but it's worth a shot since it's free. http://www.primopdf.com
  14. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

15. Fufu

Fufu Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, PDF 5.0 code is open source. Therefore if you require additional encryption or encoding to the PDF 5.0 open source format, then you must buy Adobe Acrobat. The Academic or an older version on eBay above 5.0 format will be sufficient enough to protect your PDF document at this time.
  16. Dodgeboard

Dodgeboard Well-Known Member

I use Corel PDF Fusion as it allows me to edit text in a PDF and combine PDF's and do all kinds of PDF manipulation. Plus it opens up about every file known to man.
  17. -GR-

-GR- Well-Known Member

We use dopdf.com here at work. It is free and doesn't have any ads in it.