Create a page the correct way

polle

I am trying to create a page but it displays incorrectly.

I have a forum with 3 sub forums and I want to have a main page at the top of the subforums with the rules.

Well, I create it and it displays all the text there, not just the title and a little description. Also if you click the title, it takes you to a page with no style at all and no background.

Is a page the solution for what I need ?

How do I need to create it correctly ?

Thanks.

I am trying to create a page but it displays incorrectly.

I have a forum with 3 sub forums and I want to have a main page at the top of the subforums with the rules.

Well, I create it and it displays all the text there, not just the title and a little description. Also if you click the title, it takes you to a page with no style at all and no background.

Is a page the solution for what I need ?

How do I need to create it correctly ?

Thanks.

Why don't you use Xenforo's NOTICES feature and a conditional (to show the correct notice in each forum) to show the rules above the Forum list when a user clicks on the parent forum?

Create a forum node to act as 'your parent node' and set it to NOT BE displayed in the node list

Create a forum node to act as 'your child forum node' assigning 'your forum node' to be it's parent and also set it to BE visible in the node list

Create a Link Forum and give the url of the parent node for the link url and set it to be displayed in the node list...

Your sub forums will be listed when viewing the parent node and by the parent node not being displayed in the node list you will use the link forum to get to the parent forum and this list the children there.

You can then add a conditional to template: ad_forum_view_above_node_list
-substitute X with the id of your forum

<xen:if is="in_array({$forum.node_id}, array(X))">
<div class="yourClassName">your code goes here<div>
</xen:if>

Top Bottom