Create a gallery for a thread, not a forum

I'd like to be able to create galleries for threads rather than forums. I have a number of photo threads and they need to be in their own gallery rather than lumped together.

As a work around I have created a sub forum and moved the thread into there and created a gallery for the sub forum. Which is far from ideal and messes with the structure of the forum.

Upvote 5
Xenforo has a real opportunity here. When a user posts a picture on Facebook (lets face it, it's our main competitor) it vanishes off their feeds within a few days. This is where Xenforo has a real opportunity to go one better. A thread gallery would allow images to continue to be viewed long after the images have disappeared off a users feed, or from a thread. A forum user could select where they want their images to be displayed in their personal settings. ie. Gallery; Forums; Threads but with a default for all areas.

Xenforo has a real opportunity here. When a user posts a picture on Facebook (lets face it, it's our main competitor) it vanishes off their feeds within a few days. This is where Xenforo has a real opportunity to go one better. A thread gallery would allow images to continue to be viewed long after the images have disappeared off a users feed, or from a thread. A forum user could select where they want their images to be displayed in their personal settings. ie. Gallery; Forums; Threads but with a default for all areas.
Martin, add your vote.

I do feel that Xenforo is currently losing the battle against the likes of Facebook. Its things like this where Xenforo falls behind. We need to be less reactive and more proactive. Forums in general have so much more about them because they can be personalised but so much more needs to be done to keep ahead in the field.

Top Bottom