1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cpanel: verify that this server is an authoritative nameserver

Discussion in 'Server Configuration and Hosting' started by Urban Legend, May 8, 2015.

1. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Member

I am trying to add the DKIM and SPF records for Mandrill to my email account on my server. But I get a warning that before they can be recognized, I must first verify that this server is an authoritative name server. I've tried to search how to do this everywhere and can't find the info I need. Can anyone please help?
    Thanks, Jeff

2. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

Is your domain using whm generated nameserver?

Urban Legend likes this.
  3. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Member

Got it working. Thanks!

4. popowich

popowich Active Member

Do you mind sharing what you were doing wrong and what the fix was?

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Member

I wish I knew. LOL I paid someone to fix it. Sorry

6. popowich

popowich Active Member

Well, maybe find out for yourself too then so you know how to fix it next time? :)

7. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Member

I guess all it was was adding the DKIM and SPF records to the server. I added them via WHM but more had to be done.

8. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

For anyone else wanting to know. DNS is managed by a 3rd party, so the SPF and DKIM records needed to be added to that system, rather than trying to add them locally on the server.

rafass and Urban Legend like this.
  9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Member

Thanks for clearing that up Matt. I should mention that @MattW has helped me a couple of times and I am very happy with his services. He is very good and very fair.

MattW likes this.
  10. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

That's why I ask:

:D