XF 1.5 CP Performance

justinhowe

I've been using XenForo with a PixelExit style and three add-ons for two days now. It's coming along nicely, however I have noticed that when in the control panel and trying to edit templates or styles etc, the CP interface is extremely slow. Anytime I click into an input field or type, there is a 3-5 second delay for every single command (whether that's a click, typing, etc). Editing using the CP interface is not an option because of this, so I have to select all then copy/paste to and from Sublime Text to do my manual edits.

Did I set something up wrong? Why the huge performance hit in the CP? The site itself runs fast.

I can't say I've ever heard of anything similar happening before. Does it make a difference if you use a different browser/device? Do you have any browser extensions, and does the issue persist if these are disabled?

If you create an Admin Demo do you get the issue there?

I have only seen this happen after leaving the CP open in a FF tab for days with many tabs open and it took restarting my computer to drop some kind of data in the browser itself I would assume because closing and reopening the browser didn't fix it and in chrome right next to it was working just fine the entire time.

It hasn't happened in a while but I only use ff for certain sites now so I can't tell you anything about the immediate past nor can I say if it was a XF bug in FF or if it was a FF bug presenting itself using XF.

This happened with XF on my server and while helping on 4 other peoples servers only in FF and was always fixed by restarting my computer.

Thanks for the suggestions. Did not happen in Firefox, so I started removing extensions from Chrome to find the culprit. Keeper (password manager) extension, even though it wasn't logged in, was causing the issue. On a page without any username or password fields, that thing shouldn't be iterating over every field every time an input is sent. Ridiculous. Good thing their desktop app isn't developed that poorly.

Top Bottom