RM 1.0 Couple Resources Questions

Divinum Fiat

Downloads:
I am trying to upload a dummy PDF file and then charge 10 cents for it. I clicked the "upload file" and uploaded the sample file, then I clicked the "external payment" link to Paypal and created a payment button for 10 cents. However, the post does show that there is something for sale for 10 cents with a payment button, but the download file is no where to be seen. Can this not be done? Or how do I charge AND upload a file?

Ratings:
Can't seem to give a rating on resources even though I have unchecked that box in the resource manager and also enabled that all membership levels can rate resources, including visitors. Am I missing something?

Uploads:
I add doc as a permitted upload file for the Resources but it's not allowing me to upload it. Any idea?

Thank you!

Downloads:
I am trying to upload a dummy PDF file and then charge 10 cents for it. I clicked the "upload file" and uploaded the sample file, then I clicked the "external payment" link to Paypal and created a payment button for 10 cents. However, the post does show that there is something for sale for 10 cents with a payment button, but the download file is no where to be seen. Can this not be done? Or how do I charge AND upload a file?

Ratings:
Can't seem to give a rating on resources even though I have unchecked that box in the resource manager and also enabled that all membership levels can rate resources, including visitors. Am I missing something?

Uploads:
I add doc as a permitted upload file for the Resources but it's not allowing me to upload it. Any idea?

Thank you!

1. Resource manager doesn't handle paid downloads. The external payment link means you have to organise somewhere externally a spot where the download can be paid for, and then can be downloaded by the buyer. What I can see you are trying to do is have a downloadable file, and an external purchase link at the same time. This isn't possible. You need to pick one or the other:

rmstart.webp

2. If you have set the right rating permissions in each usergroup, and depending on whether you have set downloading required to leave a review you should be able to click on the stars to leave a review.

rmreview.webp

ratedlcomp.webp

rmugrate.webp

3. Make sure you add the desired fire extensions for the documents you want to be able to upload in Options >> Resource Manager:

rmfileext.webp

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, the first one was the most important one - being able to have them pay for a downloadable file, such as a PDF file, directly from within the Resources manager WITHOUT having to send them some place else. Hhm, back to the drawing board... Thank you :-)

Thank you so much for your response. Yes, the first one was the most important one - being able to have them pay for a downloadable file, such as a PDF file, directly from within the Resources manager WITHOUT having to send them some place else. Hhm, back to the drawing board... Thank you :)

That question related to what Brogan said in the Resource Manager FAQ:

Brogan said:
Which payment gateways are supported?
Currently there is no payment processing built in; all payments are handled externally.

Yes, it is, I do have paypal, so getting the payment is not the issue, I was just hoping that the downloadable file would be tied to the payment INSIDE of the actual forum rather than having to guide them away to another site. I'll do some thinking and see if maybe I can attach the PDF file as an attachment to aWeber and tie all those pieces together somehow. Thank you so much. :-)

Yes, it is, I do have paypal, so getting the payment is not the issue, I was just hoping that the downloadable file would be tied to the payment INSIDE of the actual forum rather than having to guide them away to another site. I'll do some thinking and see if maybe I can attach the PDF file as an attachment to aWeber and tie all those pieces together somehow. Thank you so much. :)

You could always link an external purchase to an account upgrade that you can set up, and have it available to download in a node that can be accessed by the desired group. Therefore it stays within your site.

May not be the best way to work it, but it will work.

That actually could work! What I haven't been able to figure out is the direct link to a particular account upgrade. So far I've been telling people to 1. click on their profile, 2. select 'account upgrade', 3. choose x-upgrade and then they would get the material. But this seems too complicated. Is there a way to have the landing page in the paypal area be a direct link to that particular upgrade where the file would be located?

Sorry Blueprint4Love for hijacking your thread but I have only one single question:

- Is it possible to sort resources within a category e.g. in alphabetical order?

Top Bottom