Couple of questions

MonstaMunch

Greetings and salutations. A couple of questions:

1. I live in Cambodia and online payment is excruciatingly difficult and laden with absurd fees. I have a relative in England who's willing and able to pay the fee from her card and just let me pay her in person when she comes for a visit next month. Will there be any issues with her making the purchase then just giving me the customer log in info? I'm assuming the answer is no, but I'd like to double check first.

2. I consider myself to be computer literate, but this will be my first time setting up a forum. I spent a couple of days messing around with the demo and found it easy to use and very intuitive. The only part I'm concerned about is getting the installation up and running in the first place. I see (and highly appreciate) that installation is included in the licence purchase, but with the caveat that the hosting needs to be set up correctly. I'm not entirely confident about making that part happen. I checked my hosting account (with fatcow) and it definitely supports php, mysql and all that stuff, but I have no idea how it's set up, and if it's set up wrong I have no idea how to rectify it.

Sorry again if my questions are dumb but I just want to be sure of everything before I make the purchase as buying it then finding I can't set it up would be a disaster.

Thanks in advance.

I checked my hosting account (with fatcow) and it definitely supports php, mysql and all that stuff, but I have no idea how it's set up, and if it's set up wrong I have no idea how to rectify it.
In that case the best would be to buy the installation service XenForo offers. If you need any other help with your forum you can ask here on the forums or hire professional services like the XenForo monthly maintenance we offer on my signature.

Thanks very much for your prompt reply. I'm planning to buy the installation service (everything on the purchase page except the media gallery which I have no current use for). The issue is that it says it doesn't include making sure that the mysql and php installations are configured correctly (and exist). I'm not sure how to check, or how to fix it if they aren't right. I did check that the hosting supports them and it does. Will that be enough to get it installed via the installation service?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
There is a requirements script that you can upload to your current hosting provider that will tell you if the hosting is sufficient for XenForo to run. This can be found on the purchase page.

If you are unsure of setting up the database, you can provide us with a control panel login to complete the installation (including database creation) as apart of the Installation Service.

Your relative purchasing the license shouldn't be an issue.

Top Bottom