Country Flags by IP Address [Deleted]

Where or how do I find this php info page?
bcmath-jpg.71504

Took me a while, but you can just go to: yoursite.com/forum/admin.php?tools/phpinfo

I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

Would love it if you could have it also show the State the user is in if they are in the USA.

Maybe allow for the 2 letter representation of states be overlayed on top of the american flag?

Like New York would have NY inside the flag?

I've been looking for something like this for a long time.

Would love it if you could have it also show the State the user is in if they are in the USA.

Maybe allow for the 2 letter representation of states be overlayed on top of the american flag?

Like New York would have NY inside the flag?
Unfortunately the country database from MaxMind does not contain the state info you're asking for.

I don't know if this will be the issue but just check the permissions on the countryflag folder 777

In addition to what DaveM said, if the GeoLite2-Country.mmdb file exists and the error persists after changing permissions delete the file and run the Tools/Cron Entries/Update GeoIP Database entry manually once. That should put everything right again.

In addition to what DaveM said, if the GeoLite2-Country.mmdb file exists and the error persists after changing permissions delete the file and run the Tools/Cron Entries/Update GeoIP Database entry manually once. That should put everything right again.

I set the /library/Snog/CountryFlags folder to 777, however I am unsure where the GeoLite2-Country.mmdb file would be located. There's been no errors anymore, but I am finding that a users flag was showing Malaysia first, then Mozambique but he is from Malaysia.

What are they using to post with, mobile device and browser. This sounds like they routing though a proxy possibly.

What are they using to post with, mobile device and browser. This sounds like they routing though a proxy possibly.

The guy said he was using his desktop computer and doesn't know what a VPN is or how to use one. I have PM'd you some information.

I set the /library/Snog/CountryFlags folder to 777, however I am unsure where the GeoLite2-Country.mmdb file would be located. There's been no errors anymore, but I am finding that a users flag was showing Malaysia first, then Mozambique but he is from Malaysia.
The folder that should have been changed is the data/countryflags folder. That is where the mmdb file is kept and updated.

Change that folder to 777, delete the existing mmdb file and run Tools/Cron Entries/Update GeoIP Database entry manually once.

You may get a couple of errors if someone accesses the site while the mmdb file is missing. It will be replaced when your manually run the cron. After that all should be good.

The folder that should have been changed is the data/countryflags folder. That is where the mmdb file is kept and updated.

Change that folder to 777, delete the existing mmdb file and run Tools/Cron Entries/Update GeoIP Database entry manually once.

You may get a couple of errors if someone accesses the site while the mmdb file is missing. It will be replaced when your manually run the cron. After that all should be good.

What were the default permissions for the /library/Snog/CountryFlag folder?

Can u help me out with this? my mods would like not to show our members were they are from. So i need to hide their ip / flag. Thanks.

Can u help me out with this? my mods would like not to show our members were they are from. So i need to hide their ip / flag. Thanks.

The most he could probably suggest without you having to modify the plugin for your liking is to make it so Moderators cannot see flags thus making it so only every other group can see theirs, but Moderators cannot see their own or others.

What were the default permissions for the /library/Snog/CountryFlag folder?

It should be set to 777

i dont want others / members to see the mods or admins flags though

The only way around this the way it is to not allow registered members to view the flags, so only mods and admin will see them. It does not have the ability to hide just a particular usergroup from another.

Yes i know that..... Too bad you you couldn't do this as an upgrade.. Should be too much to put in for.

Top Bottom