[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address

[OzzModz] Country Flags by IP Address 2.2.1 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
It's not the style, it's the changes you made to the add-on, because Snog's add-on did not have these glitches. Since you are very defensive about this and continue to claim that this problem has nothing to do with the add-on, I just upgraded another site from Snog's version (2.0.12) to your version (2.1) and the same glitch started happening. "Show over avatar" stopped working, and "Show below user name" only works after you click on the user name. It worked perfectly before. If that's not 100% proof for you, then nothing will be.
I'm going to jump in here.

After doing a file comparison of the add-on templates, if you're running XenForo 2.1.x then there were no changes that would affect it's working as usual. So, if you're running XenForo 2.1.x and the only change was the style then the problem is with the style. And someone should give the style to @ozzy47 so those changes can be accounted for.

If you're running XenForo 2.0, then there was a planned change to drop XF 2.0 support in the source files when @ozzy47 received them from me. And as it was, that planned change would only have affected the flag display on the member tooltip.

You need to understand that not all styles which make sweeping changes to the XenForo style can't be accounted for automatically and need to be dealt with as they make those changes. And even then it's a pain in the butt because style developers have free reign to do pretty much whatever they want.

Last edited:
Also, to prove the point of my post above, I'll bet the message_macros template modifications for the add-on don't look like this:

messagemacros.png

Note the numbers on the far right. If the second or third number is anything other than zero, click on it and I'll bet that in the pop-up it will show that the modification hasn't been applied to the style you're using (apply count will be zero). Which means the style has made a breaking change in it's last release.

Guys, as mentioned earlier, it's not that upgrading to the latest version of UI.X broke compatibility with Country Flags. Originally we thought that was the case, but we did a very specific test for this on another site running XenForo 2.1.3a, UI.X 2.1.3, and Country Flags 2.0.12. That installation is from August 2019. As soon as Country Flags was updated to 2.1.0, it started glitching up the exact same way it did with the other site.

I will send ozzy47 the file he requested.

Guys, as mentioned earlier, it's not that upgrading to the latest version of UI.X broke compatibility with Country Flags. Originally we thought that was the case, but we did a very specific test for this on another site running XenForo 2.1.3a, UI.X 2.1.3, and Country Flags 2.0.12. As soon as Country Flags was updated to 2.1.0, it started glitching up the exact same way it did with the other site.

I will send ozzy47 the file he requested.

The style would be optimal.

So as I suspected, this is an issue with the style. What the template modification searches for has been changed in the TH template. This template modification has not changed in the latest version so the addon did not break the functionality.

That said, there are some things I can do to overcome this. I will push out a update when I can.

@ozzy47 Glad you got it figured out. I still can't understand how this can be attributed to ThemeHouse since the issue is also present in the old version of UI.X from a year ago.

I still can't understand how this can be attributed to ThemeHouse since the issue is also present in the old version of UI.X from a year ago.
It's really quite simple.

If the add-on is looking for this in a template..
Code:
<div class="message-avatar-wrapper">
And a theme developer changes it to this..
Code:
<div class="message-avatar-wrapper th-avatar-wrapper">
That would break the add-on because it can no longer find what it was looking for. And it's very possible that the change in the TH theme took place a year ago and nobody reported the problem with the add-on. Note that is an over-simplified example, but it gets the point across.

What @ozzy47 did was the correct solution. However, it doesn't completely protect against breaking changes from theme developers. It just lessens the likelihood of it happening.

Last edited:
Ozzy did a good job with his prompt fix, and I did help him test it. We did go back and forth a bit about what was causing the issue because the 2.0.12 version of this add-on was working fine and the problem only appeared with the 2.1 version of the add-on. So yeah, it still escapes me how it's possible that compatibility broke if nothing was changed in Country Flags 2.1

Ozzy did a good job with his prompt fix, and I did help him test it. We did go back and forth a bit about what was causing the issue because the 2.0.12 version of this add-on was working fine and the problem only appeared with the 2.1 version of the add-on. So yeah, it still escapes me how it's possible that compatibility broke if nothing was changed in Country Flags 2.1
There wasn't a "fix" because nothing was broken here.

All you have done is re-state your nonsensical BS by way of some half-assed backhand apology.

How about just admit you were wrong and legitimately apologize. Go back and read all the nasty things you posted in the thread, all the infantile fit throwing, and retract and denounce ALL of it.

Bleating that Ozzy broke the addon and being proven wrong on all counts then just re-stating the nonsense deserves derision.

Did TH ever answer your ticket? Probably never was one.

Last edited:
You're out of your mind. There was a compatibility issue between the style and the add-on, and the developer fixed it. Your post has been reported.

You're out of your mind. There was a compatibility issue between the style and the add-on, and the developer fixed it. Your post has been reported.
Because the new TH template did not have the line of code the addon searches for and replaces, due to THEIR update.

Snog and Ozzy in order to help you despite your nastiness, found another line to use. This addon was not fixed because it wasn't broken. It was adjusted to suit the TH style.

I still don't see where the add-on was at fault. It certainly works with other developer's theme/style add-ons. If anything, kudos should go to @ozzy47 for being pro-active enough & taking the time to make a fix that he really didn't have to do.

This is a situation where Ozzy + Snog (hence my moniker @Snozzy) stepped up and passed the test with flying colors. Many if most other developers would have blown it off and passed the buck. Ozzy didn't do that, and people (and potential future purchasers of his add-ons) should take notice of his "can-do" behavior in this situation.

@ozzy47 I can’t get the flags showing.
Permission issued, default style, license key received and entered into settings, checkboxes too. The plugin accesses the key:
скрин1101.jpg
No flags... :(
What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Did you set the proper permission for each relevant member user group to view the flags?

For example, my Registered members:

Screen Shot 2020-03-17 at 3.40.18 PM.webp

Top Bottom