We already have data recorded on the total number of views of threads.
Could re record page view data which includes various information like the timestamp, node hierarchy, viewer IP and membership status?
It would be hugely beneficial to be able to see daily, weekly and monthly graphical reports on the number of page views on all of these criteria:
- by forum (with or without subforums) so that we can see which forums are the most popular and how they are growing
- by membership so we can separate the stats by members and non members and see how the split changes over time
- by country using PHP GeoIP so we can see which countries are most interested in which forums and how their relative popularity changes over time
- by thread so we can see which are the most popular threads in all or specified forums and how threads have become more or less popular over time.
- display unique and non-unique page view stats using the IP addresses so we can get an idea of the number of individual people who have viewed
This functionality isn't currently available in Google Analytics because it can't record which forums threads exist in.
Having the ability to report on the number of monthly page views of this forum plus that forum over the last six months would be hugely, hugely beneficial in understanding how forums are growing (or dying) and how much advertising potential there is in them.
If we record user ids, we could even analyse the paths people take navigating through our forums to help understand how they are used.
[Edit - perhaps this should go in the suggestions forum?]