Core - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

1. How can I align the logo better? www.talkpestcontrol.com
2. I have a ad manager - but will a 728x90 leaderboard fit right of the Logo or no? (Cause I even tried putting a leaderboard below the nav and look how it floats over the sidebar...
3. Any options in the future to have a floating navbar/userbar?

1. ) I would trim the extra space off the top and bottom of the logo, it'll be easier to adjust using #logo { line-height: #; } then.(it'll fixed the search bar too)

2.) A leaderboard is just to wide for a 990px wide forum, you'll need to have Style Properties -> General -> Page Width Controller set max-width at like 1050px.

3.) Yes we thought about adding it in not to long ago, hopefully we can come up with something.

1. ) I would trim the extra space off the top and bottom of the logo, it'll be easier to adjust using #logo { line-height: #; } then.(it'll fixed the search bar too)

2.) A leaderboard is just to wide for a 990px wide forum, you'll need to have Style Properties -> General -> Page Width Controller set max-width at like 1050px.

3.) Yes we thought about adding it in not to long ago, hopefully we can come up with something.
Ok I took off the extra space - its now 100px height, - what did you mean by adjust using #logo etc? I went into the style properties and made the height of logo 100px.....is this right or no?

thanks!

Ok I took off the extra space - its now 100px height, - what did you mean by adjust using #logo etc? I went into the style properties and made the height of logo 100px.....is this right or no?

thanks!

For your specific style add this in extra.css

Code:
#logoBlock #logo {
line-height: 120px;
}
#QuickSearch {
top: -6px;
}

For your specific style add this in extra.css

Code:
#logoBlock #logo {
}
#QuickSearch {
}
Ok i just added that to the 'extra.css' in Core template. But didnt look like it changed anything when I refresh?

Your logo adjust it's height, for that quicksearch code I gave you add a !important.
I have it like this:

Code:
}
#logoBlock #logo {
}
#QuickSearch !important.{
}
ive also tried:

Code:
}
#logoBlock #logo {
}
#QuickSearch {
}
!important.

Still nada...?

Russ, not knowing JS myself, is there an easy way to expand this JS you have to include another expand?
Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
    $(document).ready(function() {
        $(".expandFooter").click(function() {
            $("#footerlists").slideToggle("slow");
        });
    });
</script>
I would like to do the same for the sidebar when it falls under, and as your script is already being inserted into the document head with the footer, then hey...

I was figuring on calling the sidebar expand .expandSidebar and I will assign the id #sidebarExpand to it.

Whilst I could replicate the above, I figure there must be a way to have the one function work for two instances?

Russ, not knowing JS myself, is there an easy way to expand this JS you have to include another expand?
Code:
        });
    });
</script>
I would like to do the same for the sidebar when it falls under, and as your script is already being inserted into the document head with the footer, then hey...

I was figuring on calling the sidebar expand .expandSidebar and I will assign the id #sidebarExpand to it.

Whilst I could replicate the above, I figure there must be a way to have the one function work for two instances?

We're working on a sidebar slider collapse if that helps you at all :D,

As for that code it's just a simple thing, .expandFooter is hidden in normal view, shows in responsive.

#footerlists is hidden in responsive, which when clicking .expandFooter shows #footerlists,

Hope that explains it.

So it is easier just to replicate the whole thing, or can that one function handle two different expand situations?

I don't know the exacts of writing JS, though would something like the below do the job?

Code:
        $(".expandFooter", ".expandSidebar").click(function() {
            $("#footerlists", "#sidebarExpand").slideToggle("slow");
        });
    });
</script>
Instead of having in the head:

Code:
        });
    });
</script>
        $(".expandSidebar").click(function() {
            $("#sidebarExpand").slideToggle("slow");
        });
    });
</script>

So it is easier just to replicate the whole thing, or can that one function handle two different expand situations?

I don't know the exacts of writing JS, though would something like the below do the job?

Code:
        $(".expandFooter", ".expandSidebar").click(function() {
            $("#footerlists", "#sidebarExpand").slideToggle("slow");
        });
    });
</script>
Instead of having in the head:

Code:
        });
    });
</script>
        $(".expandSidebar").click(function() {
            $("#sidebarExpand").slideToggle("slow");
        });
    });
</script>

That should work fine, my strong point is not javascript :D, we're primarily getting this stuff to work with XF cookies so it'll save the settings.

Thanks... I will play around with it. Yer... I do this stuff with CSS no problems, but JS is not something I'm strong with either. I usually pull it from somewhere that works and use it, if needed, otherwise avoid it myself.

How can I get the drop down icon things to turn white in the navigation here: http://www.fordforumsonline.com/forums/ford-focus.15/

Throw in this in extra.css:

Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .arrowWidget {
background-position: -64px 0;
}

Also sorry I missed your last reply not sure how it slipped me.

For right now I'm going to call it "as-designed", there's additional padding/margin's for cosmetic reasons and it'll only show like that for anyone with the IP/Warn commands. I'll see if I can't tinker with it but with the sidebar enabled it's like working in responsive mode, the less space there is XF by default hides the date now.

I'll mess with it though.

Top Bottom