Core - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

That two column is a nice touch. A few tweaks to get it looking right, though made one task very easy for me by proxy. Thank you guys.

For anyone who wants to use that feature, you need to make some edits. Comment out the nodeLastPost & nodeControls in node_forum_level_2 so you only have:

Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 8.50.24 PM.webp

You will need to change the .node .nodeText right margin from the 270px to 10px.

If you really wanted that last post info, the best place for it is directly below each node li.

Then make the following changes to node_list.css media query, OR, add it to your extra.css and wrap it in a media query for maxResponsiveMediumWidth.

.node.category .node.level_2
{
float: none !important;
width: 100% !important;
background: none !important;
}

.node.category .node.level_2.even, .node.category .node.level_2:nth-child(even)
{
padding-left: 0 !important;
}

.node.category .node.level_2.odd, .node.category .node.level_2:nth-child(odd)
{
padding-right: 0 !important;
}

Also go into style property > xenBase_nodeList_css > remove the 10px right padding, as that should not be there and gives the right side too much padding in both full width and mobile.

The above gives you:

Screen Shot 2013-07-23 at 8.54.12 PM.webp

Last edited:
Error with the new indicator.
If one the child nodes has a new post, all other nodes appear with a new indicator.
fa2e0ce85f5ce8835de3544419e5b0db.png

Hi Russ, just purchased Core + Branding Removal today :) Very happy so far with it. Easy to install with the provided instructions in the readme.txt file, I just want to ask you, if you could send me instructions for the branding removal. Thanks for this great style! ;)

@Russ would you be so nice to share with me how you achieved this here? I would love to have something like that for my gaming site! :)

I edited the thread_create template like so:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-fields-by-waindigo.34093/page-7#post-435748
Basically allowed the form when you create the thread to be different depending on what node you're in.

Then for each little star section I had this to display the rating:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-fields-by-waindigo.34093/page-11#post-510851

So... I basically wrapped what I wanted to show inside a div, and floated it to the right inside the header HTML which is an option inside the custom fields.

Hi @Russ do you have any idea, why the Shoutbox is not visible on homepage (forum list) while I am using your style? When I switch to Default Style everything is just fine.

Also I have a suggestion. In default style it is very easy to recognize URL links, like the Shoutbox in this message. But in Core I struggle to see them :( Any chance you will fix this?

Hi @Russ do you have any idea, why the Shoutbox is not visible on homepage (forum list) while I as using your style? When I switch to Default Style everything is just fine.

Also I have a suggestion. In default style it is very easy to recognize URL links, like the Shoutbox in this message. But in Core I struggle to see them :( Any chance you will fix this?

I'll try to debug, I don't have that shoutbox however I'll try the free one on my dev board to debug.

I didn't remove any hooks at all so not sure as of now why it wouldn't be showing.

Thanks a lot.

Just to make it easier for you. I followed these instructions here:
  1. Upload contents of upload folder to forum root.
  2. Install new addon using addon-TaigaChat.xml.
  3. Set the permissions for all relevant user groups.
  4. For full width above/below forum list: in the forum_list template, before or after (personal preference) <xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if> add <xen:hook name="dark_taigachat_alt" />
I also disabled all other add-ons to make sure it is not them causing problems.

hi Russ, is your demo open? Just tried a few times, can't log in.

Ah someone changed the password, registrations are open however I've reset the password for the demo account.

Demo isn't running the latest version of styles just a heads up, now that 1.2 is stable that's on the to-do list more than likely tomorrow.

Ah someone changed the password, registrations are open however I've reset the password for the demo account.

Demo isn't running the latest version of styles just a heads up, now that 1.2 is stable that's on the to-do list more than likely tomorrow.

Great, I'll give it a try tomorrow then. Thanks for the quick response, Russ!

So I'm trying out the 1.2b5 version of this skin, and I have to say right now it looks COMPLETELY different from the previous version...

Compare these two pages:
http://8wayrun.com/forums/tournament-aftermaths.49/ (new)
http://yokappa.com/forums/fgc-fighting-games.7/ (old)

You'll see the fonts are different, the color of the blues are different and it just looks all around weird. I've also noticed that almost everything in it is now hardcoded and no longer conforms to the color palette or the style options.

So I'm trying out the 1.2b5 version of this skin, and I have to say right now it looks COMPLETELY different from the previous version...

Compare these two pages:
http://8wayrun.com/forums/tournament-aftermaths.49/ (new)
http://yokappa.com/forums/fgc-fighting-games.7/ (old)

You'll see the fonts are different, the color of the blues are different and it just looks all around weird. I've also noticed that almost everything in it is now hardcoded and no longer conforms to the color palette or the style options.

Your 8wayrun is down currently assuming it's going through an upgrade. I do remember changing some of the fonts but it was mainly in the navigation(I think I ditched the custom web font).

As for the hard coded colors, it's only the neutral colors in that version that wasn't really meant for the palette. In the next version of Core I've already moved over some of the hex colors to the palette however the important one(the blue color) isn't hard coded at all.

As for the blue color, I did change the gradient in one of the versions, you're more than welcome to keep the old gradient image though.

Will it be possible to just get the old version with some 1.2 fixes? All that really needed to be fixed was the queue icons in the title bars and the icons for the redactor editor... that its.

All this new stuff in the new version, like "XenBase" don't help anything; in fact, it just makes things worse. I absolutely hate it when skins require a "base framework"; all it does is slow things down, and I can already feel that the new version of this skin is nowhere near as fast as the old version.

Top Bottom