1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Craig, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Craig

Craig Active Member

Good day to you all.

I am wondering if anyone knows how I can add my own Copyright information to the bottom of my site?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
  2. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

You can add it in the footer template.

Here's a piece for the default footer template where XenForo's copyright is:
    <div class="footerLegal">
        <div class="pageWidth">
            <div class="pageContent">
                <div id="copyright">{xen:phrase xenforo_copyright}</div>
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Craig

Craig Active Member

I tried putting that below XenForo's Copyright code, and wound up with miss aligned words, and no copyright symbol.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!
  4. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Can you add the code to this thread you tried to add to the template so we can see what might have gone wrong?
    jmurrayhead likes this.
  5. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

Search in Phrases for "xenforo_copyright". Use the below as a template ;)

<p><a href="http://xenforo.com" class="concealed">Forum software by XenForo&trade; &copy;2010-2012 XenForo Ltd.</a></p>
    <p>Copyright © <a href="http://yourdomain.com">YouSiteName</a>
    All rights reserved 2012</p>
    You can see what it looks like here.
  6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Do you have TMS installed? If not, do yourself a LARGE favor and grab it and install it. Then it is a simple matter of making a custom mod with the template you want to mod defined as footer. Once you do your custom mod, then go into the phrases and make a custom copyright phrase (mine is personal_copyright). You can do a search on the default xenForo one and edit it to fit your taste.

Craig likes this.