Not planned Copyright Suggestion

chronic

First off, I am not complaining about the price. Not at all.

But I think that if you offered some options in the Admin CP for the copyright, that some people wouldn't mind it.

Things like:
  • maybe a choice between a few preconfigured fonts
  • 2 or 3 preconfigured sizes
  • etc
... would maybe make less people want to remove the copyright.

My reason for wanting to remove the copyright is only because of its location and because it doesn't really flow with my theme. That's all. I don't mind it being somewhere else on every page. For people like me who just want it moved to the left or right, would rather have it up top in the far right hand corner, or have it bigger or smaller, I think offering more options for it would be a great addition.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If you purchase xenforo, there is a option to remove Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2017 XenForo Ltd. and cost i think 250$.
I totally understand where you're coming from and I am aware of the cost. I wasn't suggesting the cost be different or that I didn't know about it. I am sorry for not being more specific. My bad.

I was just making a suggestion to add a few options for the copyright so it could be moved to a different page location, color, font, etc. I wouldn't mind it as much if it was somewhere else on the page. The money is not the issue.

You can style it to match your theme using the copyright ID :
Code:
#copyright {
}
And you can move it in your templates. You just have to make sure you don't alter the text.

As noted, there's a reasonable amount of modification allowed using CSS, be that the position, alignment, colours etc. As long as the end result is that the text is still visible, and the text hasn't been altered then there's no problem.

As this is mostly just a matter of adjusting the CSS accordingly, that should be sufficient without needing any sort of UI to manage it.

Sounds good. I wasn't aware that we could alter the design of it at all.

Really quick though, can it be moved to a different position on each page without violating any rules?

From the license agreement:
All copies of the Software must contain the same proprietary notices that appear on and in the Software, including all copyright notices embedded in the Software, which must remain unaltered from the original and visible at all times, unless by specific prior arrangement with XenForo Limited.
You’ll notice differently XF stylds with the notice in different places or alignments. That kind of basic change should be fine.

Top Bottom