Copyright Footer

frm

I have 1 license thats brand free, thinking to purchase another brand free license until I saw a forum state "Forum software by XenForo" without even a link to XF as opposed to the default "Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2020 XenForo Ltd." linking to XF.

Screenshot_20200531-181356_Chrome.jpg

Is this a modification that can be done without a brand free license?

Thanks

frm

Could be a nulled license in that case. That's normally a telltale sign!.

The default branding in all honesty isn't a huge issue. I'd rather put the money towards quality addons :)
It's owned by a company with like 200+ forums (some vB and some XF), so I'm certain they have brand free or some agreement directly with XF.

tomin123

I have 1 license thats brand free, thinking to purchase another brand free license until I saw a forum state "Forum software by XenForo" without even a link to XF as opposed to the default "Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2020 XenForo Ltd." linking to XF.

View attachment 226449

Is this a modification that can be done without a brand free license?

Thanks
hi
you should to talked with them for purchase another brand free license

Mr Lucky

No, either that site has branding free and modified it, or they modified it illegally.

I believe that as Verticalscope is listed on the xenForo home page, and they control 200+ forums, then there is some kind of official relationship, partnership or affiliate scheme so I doubt there is anything illegal.

Screenshot 2020-08-24 at 13.00.53.png

frm

I believe that as Verticalscope is listed on the xenForo home page, and they control 200+ forums, then there is some kind of official relationship, partnership or affiliate scheme so I doubt there is anything illegal.
Nice catch. I assumed with them being so large that they do have a licensing agreement in-between brand free to a typical license, or, as XF is advertising them, they are reciprocating. I knew they weren't up to no good when I looked into who they were but totally missed this on the front page.