Copying Users from WordPress to XenForo

Deek

Hello All,

I have a question about adding users to XenForo. I have a fresh XenForo install and I am looking to move my users from WordPress to XenForo and then have XenForo be the master user database. From there I would then use the bridge developed by xfrocks to allow users to post on the WordPress blog posts.

Do I have to write an importer similar to the included (IP.Board & vBulliten) or can I simply insert the appropriate data into the xf_user table?

Hello All,

I have a question about adding users to XenForo. I have a fresh XenForo install and I am looking to move my users from WordPress to XenForo and then have XenForo be the master user database. From there I would then use the bridge developed by xfrocks to allow users to post on the WordPress blog posts.

Do I have to write an importer similar to the included (IP.Board & vBulliten) or can I simply insert the appropriate data into the xf_user table?

If your goal is to let user post on WordPress, you don't have to copy. The add-on will do that for you.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up writing a custom importer to import users & passwords into Xenforo from WordPress and then import our posts from Vanilla into XenForo. The trouble I'm running into now is our WordPress uses W3 Total Cache and it doesn't seem to work well with your otherwise awesome plug-ins. What I'm trying to do now is have WordPress use the XenForo database for authentication values (username & password) while WordPress will still use it's own log in page. Since we have only a few users who actually post articles I will probably manage the mappings with a static file or something like that.

Top Bottom