XF 2.0 Copy of the forum for testing

anon666

I would like to know if I can make a copy of my forum to test things, eliminating all the private data of the users.

For example, leaving the email field blank, or putting in all the same email fiction, type test@mydomain.com

To eliminate the IP's I have tried this query and it works for me leaving all the IPs to 1.1.1.1

SQL:
UPDATE xf_ip SET ip=1;

To delete all private conversations, an @AndyB add-on works very well: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/delete-conversations.6196/

Thank you very much, sorry for this poor translation from Spanish into English with Google's online translator.

I presume this is for data protection when inviting a third party developer to do some trouble shooting. This is avery good idea.

Depending on what you are testing, one thing (cheap and cheerful) would be to batch update and delete all users. This will not delete admins, nor will it delete any forum content.

It would be better if this could give you the option of batch anonymising, given that option is available for individual user edits.

Last edited:
I presume this is for data protection when inviting a third party developer to do some trouble shooting.

Yes

One thing (cheap and cheerful) would be to batch update and delete all users. This will not delete admins, nor will it delete any forum content.

It would be better if this could give you the option of batch anonymising, given that option is available for individual user edits.

Uh, we want to develop a complement to eliminate flood.

We need to leave messages to experiment with the flood that currently exists

Each license permits you to install the software once.

However, you may create a single additional test installation for testing purposes only.

Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to you and your website staff.

Each license permits you to install the software once.

However, you may create a single additional test installation for testing purposes only.

Any test installation of this kind must be password protected, and access to it must be limited to you and your website staff.

Thanks, that's what I read in another thread.
Can I continue with my question?

I need to clarify that it is not an external developer, but a developer who is a member of my team as forum moderator.
But still somebody from whom you want to deny access to members personal data if you give admin access to.

I’m trying to think of other ways round this. Do they actually need admin access to users? If not then just give them admin access to what they actually need for the trouble shooting.

What is the difference between a Super Admin and an Admin ?

And can administrator privileges be set to limit the access to specific parts of the ACP for an 'Admin' ?

What is the difference between a Super Admin and an Admin ?

And can administrator privileges be set to limit the access to specific parts of the ACP for an 'Admin' ?

I do a mess with the user permissions and user groups, but I think you can limit the permissions of administrators.

But I have thought to make administrator to two young people that are in my team, that are software developers (although not of applications based on php) because I need to distribute responsibilities.

In the end I will have to trust them with respect to the user data, because to put limits I do not see that it is a good starting idea to form a team with several administrators.

Sorry for the possible translation errors of google traslator.

In the end I will have to trust them with respect to the user data, because to put limits I do not see that it is a good starting idea to form a team with several administrators.

This is a tricky one, especially as access to user emails is so easy for some unscrupulous person with Admin access to users. In ACP > Communication > Email Users they can send out a bulk mail or (possibly worse) generate a list of ALL emails which they can easily copy & paste and then sell to a spammer.

If a super-manager names other administrators with limited permissions, they can not at the PCA change themselves to super-administrators and extend the permissions themselves?

Top Bottom