Converting from Xenforo to XXX

Fireal

As of this moment I have heard there is no other forum software that can convert from Xenforo. Is this true? Is there any backups out there just in case Xenforo doesn't go over well for me?

I appreciate the help! Thanks!

http://www.invisionpower.com/suite/convert.php -- I'm tempted to give this a try, I've got a few people wanting their sites back on vBulletin but there's no direct importer for XF to VB. (yet) I'm only worried about the end-result of the data after going XF > IPB > VB. Can't hurt to try...
Oh wow. Thanks for this. Now I have a way of bringing my other forum over to my main site in case I ever need to. Thanks.

Why would anyone want their site back on vBulletin software after being on Xenforo? Yuk!

I had a hard time making a really neutral reply to your post. Just putting things in black and white, there are a number of reasons of why they have asked to move back and it's just not a good idea to rehash things that have already been said and repeated ad nauseum around this community.

For business reasons, I simply need a working converter. I really could care less about who uses what piece of software. :)

People need to think about their community and choose what is best for their needs.
If one package no longer fits the needs that they thought it would, well it's time to choose an alternative.
People make decisions based on what is available now, not what may come in the future.
Clearly the future is uncertain, as anything in life.

Why would anyone want their site back on vBulletin software after being on Xenforo? Yuk!
Aside from moral issues, vB 4.12 has come a long way from the early beta versions.

Oddly enough there are many fanboyz from here still posting there. Go figure.
It's hard for some to cut their ties I guess.

http://www.invisionpower.com/suite/convert.php -- I'm tempted to give this a try, I've got a few people wanting their sites back on vBulletin but there's no direct importer for XF to VB. (yet) I'm only worried about the end-result of the data after going XF > IPB > VB. Can't hurt to try...

Just a short follow-up on the importers available, there is now a module available for ImpEx that will bring XF into vBulletin. I've not used it yet, but just a heads up for those who may want to give it a go.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=283111

Thanks to Scott for pointing it out and thanks to Andreas for releasing this.

*off topic*
Some people are too young to understand and grasp the surface of the truth, typical judgmental peoples :), not a really a good judge, only to seek the mere sub-side of the truth not the surreal absolute substantial truth, not even close understanding the foundation of the truth itself, 'mediocre' truth are only a statistic, god knows the best, wait this isn't philosophy forums.

*off topic*
Some people are too young to understand and grasp the surface of the truth, typical judgmental peoples :), not a really a good judge, only to seek the mere sub-side of the truth not the surreal absolute substantial truth, not even close understanding the foundation of the truth itself, 'mediocre' truth are only a statistic, god knows the best, wait this isn't philosophy forums.
/me looks at post #11.

Top Bottom