Converting from vb 3.8

Freak

I own one XenForo license that I've been playing around with and I'm hoping to buy another license and convert it maybe sometime this year.

I'm currently running vb 3.8 with quite a few modifications and scripts which pull data to external pages. Are there examples of people using logins and pulling XF data to custom pages?

I'm also looking to use XF for comments on wordpress articles in blogs. Has anyone done this with success or written a plugin for it?

Lastly, my forum has nearly 10 million posts. Is there anything special I should consider during the transition?

I have a smaller vb forum I'd like to go ahead and convert so I can start getting the hang of this software and its administration. That forum is also vb 3.8.

Any suggestions or links to point me in the right direction would be helpful.

One more thing: I'm looking for a way to 'scrub' new post input. Let's say I want to text match and replace links and things of that sort. I currently have a plugin I created in vb which handles this, but to be honest I kind of pieced it together and would have no clue where to start this on XF.

I'm currently running vb 3.8 with quite a few modifications and scripts which pull data to external pages. Are there examples of people using logins and pulling XF data to custom pages?
I believe there may be an API in the resources related to this: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/

I'm also looking to use XF for comments on wordpress articles in blogs. Has anyone done this with success or written a plugin for it?
There are several WP add-ons, I haven't used any of them though so can't comment on their functionality.

Lastly, my forum has nearly 10 million posts. Is there anything special I should consider during the transition?
You may want to consider one of the third party importers, which are quite a bit quicker than the built in free importer.

One more thing: I'm looking for a way to 'scrub' new post input. Let's say I want to text match and replace links and things of that sort.
This add-on will do that: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-content-find-replace.1549/

I may be remembering wrong, but I think 10 million posts could take 10-12 hours (or more) to migrate using the built-in importer in XenForo.

There is a faster importer from vB3.8 -> XenForo which runs commandline (you'd need SSH access to the server, or at least A server), but it costs $125. It does come with some level of support though. You could just have Jake do the import for you.
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/vbulletin-big-board-importer-vbulletin-3-vbulletin-4.1981/

Pulling data to external pages is not that complex, until you said logins. You can add pages to XenForo either with the built-in "Create Node" feature, or with a number of addons. But pulling XenForo login functionality out and into separate pages could be tricky.

To be frank, I think this will be tricky unless you have access to a good programmer, or someone has already written this type of plugin.

Top Bottom