Convert Image All

Convert Image All 6.8

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Convert Image All v1.0 - Converts ALL hot linked images to attachments.

Description:

The Convert Image All add-on will convert hot linked images to attachments.

(hot linked image)

View attachment 60809

(attachment)

View attachment 60810

This add-on is designed to convert all existing hot linked images contained in all posts. Once the conversion is complete you can uninstall this add-on as it will no longer be needed.

After the conversion is complete, you should install the Convert Image add-on located here:...

Read more about this resource...

So this only work with ImageMagick and not GD2? If so, what is the possibility of making it work with GD2 as well?

Thanks!

So this only work with ImageMagick and not GD2? If so, what is the possibility of making it work with GD2 as well?

Thanks!

Correct this add-on requires ImageMagick.

For the best image quality it's important to use ImageMagick. I suggest you ask your web hosting provider to install ImageMagick with PECL.

Correct this add-on requires ImageMagick.

For the best image quality it's important to use ImageMagick. I suggest you ask your web hosting provider to install ImageMagick with PECL.

I run my own un-managed VPS, so I'll install it to use this.. I had it installed before, but couldn't tell much of a difference between the two so I decided to stay with GD2.

Thanks a lot for the reply!

I run my own un-managed VPS, so I'll install it to use this.. I had it installed before, but couldn't tell much of a difference between the two so I decided to stay with GD2.

Thanks a lot for the reply!

The difference in image quality is most noticeable on larger high resolution images. As most new computers and tablets have very high resolution screens, producing high quality images becomes very important.

Hello Andy, great idea thank you, GD support already installed on my server but an update for GD would be great. In fact, GD and ImageMagic work just fine and produce the same size images if used right but ImageMagic comes with a lot more options but I did not install it on my server yet.

Suggestion: Option to remove, or replace with "dead image" text, images which cannot be retrieved.

Are there any negatives/disadvantages to using this and hosting all images on your own server?

Depends on several factors. If you are on a shared server paying $20 bucks a month, you will quickly exceed the amount of storage your web hosting company provides. However if you are on a VPS or dedicated server there are no disadvantages assuming your disk storage space is large.

I currently have 325,000 attachments, many are large images. The total disk space used so far for attachments is 70GB. This is after 12 years of converting hot linked images to attachments.

Last edited:
I got this to work once (in a way). It turned the embedded image into a "View Attachment ..." link, it would have been preferred if it did it normally.

The second image I attempted to do kept resulting in errors. This may help:

ErrorException: getimagesize(): Read error! - library/Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php:371

New error appear:

Server Error
touch(): Unable to create file convert_2024893336 because Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. touch() in Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php at line 160
  3. Andy_ConvertImageAll_ControllerPublic_ConvertImageAll->mainLoop() in Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php at line 58
  4. Andy_ConvertImageAll_ControllerPublic_ConvertImageAll->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  5. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  6. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/phcorner/public_html/index.php at line 13
After doing this: http://www.phcorner.net/convertimageall?action=update&limit=1

ErrorException: touch(): Unable to create file convert_39632340 because Permission denied - library/Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php:160
Generated By: Admin, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'touch(): Unable...', '/home/phcorner/...', 160, Array)
#1 /home/phcorner/public_html/library/Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php(160): touch('convert_3963234...')
#2 /home/phcorner/public_html/library/Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php(58): Andy_ConvertImageAll_ControllerPublic_ConvertImageAll->mainLoop(Array)
#3 /home/phcorner/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Andy_ConvertImageAll_ControllerPublic_ConvertImageAll->actionIndex()
#4 /home/phcorner/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/phcorner/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(61) "http://www.phcorner.net/convertimageall?action=update&limit=1"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["action"] => string(6) "update"
["limit"] => string(1) "1"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

How does this handle dead images that are now soft 404s. Does the addon check that the fetched image is actually an image?

How does this handle dead images that are now soft 404s. Does the addon check that the fetched image is actually an image?

Yes the add-on check for dead images and when it comes across one it will go to the next post. This way you can run Step 2 again using the action=show switch to identify the posts which have dead links and deal with them manually.

Top Bottom