Convert Image All

Convert Image All 6.8

No permission to download
I'm seeing errors with the latest version of this add-on, @AndyB:

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: attach_count - library/Andy/ConvertImageAll/CronEntry/ConvertImageAll.php:156
Generated By: Unknown Account, 5 minutes ago

#0 /{path/to/forum}/library/Andy/ConvertImageAll/CronEntry/ConvertImageAll.php(156): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/bizwarri/...', 156, Array)
#1 /{path/to/forum}/library/XenForo/Model/Cron.php(356): Andy_ConvertImageAll_CronEntry_ConvertImageAll::runConvertImageAll(Array)
#2 /{path/to/forum}/library/XenForo/Deferred/Cron.php(24): XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry(Array)
#3 /{path/to/forum}/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_Cron->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999978542328, '')
#4 /{path/to/forum}/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999978542328, '', false)
#5 /{path/to/forum}/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, 8, '', false)
#6 /{path/to/forum}/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#7 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(42) "https://{path/to/forum}/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(4) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(28) "/forum/members/steve41.4294/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

@AndyB I am nearing the completion of converting all the old images on our site to attachments. I have run into two problems.

When the list of posts with attachments is being processed, those that cannot be converted are left in the list after each pass rather than having some kind of exclusion mechanism. If the attachment cannot be converted on the first pass, it is not likely to be converted on subsequent passes. Eventually those unconvertable images will fill the list. The starting post ID can be changed to exclude them, but it would be better if they could be held in a temporary table to be excluded from the next set of posts with IMG bbCodes in them. i.e select all posts like '%[IMG]%' that are not also in xf_convert_exclude.

The more troublesome problem I have run into is that at least the bmp image type is not processed. I do not understand why since ImageMagick is able to handle the image type. I have a significant number of those and they are hard to spot except by the lack of processing behavior. I discovered this by downloading the images and examining the image data with GIMP. I can convert each of the images to jpg and upload it again. However, that really slows me down when trying to fix a few thousand posts.

@AndyB I'm having problems with this mod (v6.7)! It stopped running, and when I try to run it manually to test it, I get: "Exit, lock_file found.". I can't delete the lock file as support said it's supposed to be there. What could be wrong?

So, I tried to run this thing for the first time. I have about 1200 posts with IMG tags that needs converted. I tried to start in various places and it keeps saying the files do not exist. I checked the folder, and the files are never there. Can someone tell me why it would look for cache files that aren't there? I've checked, and recent images are indeed being stored there as files, every day more appear in this folder.

I get this error when running the cron job.

unlink(/xampp/htdocs/forums/tmp/convert_479128593): Resource temporarily unavailable
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. unlink() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\library\Andy\ConvertImageAll\CronEntry\ConvertImageAll.php at line 328
  3. Andy_ConvertImageAll_CronEntry_ConvertImageAll::runConvertImageAll() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\library\XenForo\Model\Cron.php at line 356
  4. XenForo_Model_Cron->runEntry() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\library\XenForo\ControllerAdmin\Cron.php at line 213
  5. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Cron->actionRun() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 369
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\library\XenForo\FrontController.php at line 152
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:\xampp\htdocs\forums\admin.php at line 13

Any ideas?

If i run the URl/convertimageall it times out as my forum database has 80000 linked images in it!

Why? You especially want to convert those, since they will disable hotlinking and hold people's images hostage once their subscription runs out.

I have been speaking to Andy about this. The add-in does not download images from photobucket that are currently showing as "P500" so this move was to protect those links if photobucket change their mind at a later date (yeah right).
If anyone knows of another way to display those pictures please let me know. Although this add-in shows that it works with photobucket, i'm not sure what photobucket links it actually works with. Only the accounts that are paid so dont have P500 showing?

What is P500? And do a lot of people still use Photobucket?
Their hostage note. And, yes, unfortunately lot's of people did. It's now $400/year to enable hotlinking. Not a typo. Also, they've disabled the ability to download all your photos, since so many people were downloading their photos and deleting their account.

Last edited:
I have been speaking to Andy about this. The add-in does not download images from photobucket that are currently showing as "P500" so this move was to protect those links if photobucket change their mind at a later date (yeah right).
If anyone knows of another way to display those pictures please let me know. Although this add-in shows that it works with photobucket, i'm not sure what photobucket links it actually works with. Only the accounts that are paid so dont have P500 showing?
Ah, makes sense. You can actually still visit the photo directly and still see it, you just can't hotlink it. So, you would have to manually copy and replace each one. This is an issue since once Convert Image or Convert Image All runs, you lose the link if you set it to remove URLs for links, and this is irreversable since Convert Image and Convert Image all bypass XF post history so changes they make cannot be reverted.

You can't even see the image directly on photobucket if it's not your image. They block it completely.

I thought this addon got around the photobucket paywall, did they close that loophole?

You can't even see the image directly on photobucket if it's not your image. They block it completely.

I thought this addon got around the photobucket paywall, did they close that loophole?
Well, then preserving the URL is sort of pointless. Best to just delete the attachment if it's the "ransom" picture. @AndyB any chance you can detect the ransom image and just delete the attachment in Convert Image All?

So, I tried to run this thing for the first time. I have about 1200 posts with IMG tags that needs converted. I tried to start in various places and it keeps saying the files do not exist. I checked the folder, and the files are never there. Can someone tell me why it would look for cache files that aren't there? I've checked, and recent images are indeed being stored there as files, every day more appear in this folder.
@AndyB

This is the error specifically. It seems like Convert Image is creating file names that do not match what Convert Image All is looking for.
touch(): Unable to create file xxxx because No such file or directory

Last edited:
Where is the code located for the photobucket images so that we can turn that feature back on? If I can't convert those (and yes, I can see the images as can the rest of the world) then there is no need in even having this add on. I need to convert all photobucket images and put them on my server. If you could tell me (here on in a PM) how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom