Convert Image All

Convert Image All 6.8

No permission to download
Is there any solution to exclude the own page, please?
I have a lot of pictures hotlinked from the own server and i dont like them to be attached, because i want to change them from time to time just by uploading to the server again.

Do these addons convert links that do not use the IMG tag? If it only searches for IMG, you could create a custom bbCode like LMG for instance that would express as an image reference that was not processed by these addons. I have one called ALT that puts the image reference in the parameter and has a tool tip/title as the argument. It is a simple HTML substitution.

Getting the following. Not sure what it all means! Thanks,

The Amphicar Forums - Welcome Aboard
Server Error
file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/amphicar/public_html/tmp/convert_1231479952) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/amphicar770:/usr/lib/php:/usr/php4/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php4/lib/php:/tmp)
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. file_exists() in Andy/ConvertImageAll/ControllerPublic/ConvertImageAll.php at line 317
  3. Andy_ConvertImageAll_ControllerPublic_ConvertImageAll->actionUpdate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/amphicar770/public_html/index.php at line 13

Hi there @AndyB
I've disabled proxy - and I continue to get success. I see items in the temp directory I've setup. however none of the files seem to be moved over. Any idea where I should start to look for an issue? The log has successful entries.

@AndyB Sorry if this has been asked already, but have you considered adding the ability to convert all images in posts edited since the last time the add-in was run in addition to new posts? Thanks!

When 2 or more images are uploaded and you delete one of those the other images are not inserted in the message anymore. You get a link to that image and only deleting those image and uploading again will fix it. Same problem with images uploaded with the convert add-on.

This seems to only happen when uploaded if the image proxy is on. Disabling after upload does not work, so the problem happens when uploaded.

Edit: Could be something on my forum, will do some more testing first.

Last edited:
Hi Andy. I noticed Convert Image and Convert Image All do not match image URLs with querystrings, e.g. http://domain.com/1.jpg?ssl=true&width=1024&height=768. Seems an improvement would be to ignore the querystring and only match the filename before the querystring?

Last edited:
I was going to point everyone here

https://www.xf2addons.com/resources/

But then I realized that Convert Image is there for XF2, but not Convert Image All.

I would recommend:
1) using the XF1 version to convert all images
2) Upgrade to XF2 and use Convert Image

You only have to run Convert Image All one time, so why make it available for XF2? the reason is that if someone converts from vBulletin to XF2, which has no plugin available to convert photoschmucket images like Convert Image All does for XF1, then you're forced to do a double-conversion of vB > XF1, run Convert Image All, then XF1 > XF2 but at least there's a path I suppose

Seems logical LOL :)

I did a check and I noticed that the ALL version is disabled and we only use the normal version for real time conversion :) So we are good to go :)

How do you work that out? We run it monthly on all new content.
If you run Convert Image as well, the only images Convert Image All will find are exceptions which fail to convert with Convert Image (and will fail for Convert Image All as well). It's still helpful to run Convert Image All from URL to identify and manually convert those images. Examples of images that fail are images that are too small, too big, have redirects, etc.

Has anyone figured out a way to exclude certain forums, or only include certain forums, when doing this? Would love to exclude my archive. Thanks! :)

Has anyone figured out a way to exclude certain forums, or only include certain forums, when doing this? Would love to exclude my archive. Thanks! :)

I'm also curious if you can exclude images hosted on a specific URL/domain. We have a bunch that are hotlinked from our own server that I don't want to be duplicated as attachments.

Top Bottom