1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Conversations

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DaveM, Sep 22, 2014.

1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

I have just noticed the following in conversations and cannot find a way to get around this.
    • If a conversation is created with an admin and locked by the member there seems to be no way for the admin to change this. All they able to do is edit the original post?

• If a conversation is reported by any member nothing seems to happen. It give the member the normal window to add text on why they reporting the conversation and report it. There does not seem to be any notification to any of the admin or moderators that I can see.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

As per your other thread, locked conversations can only be reopened by the conversation starter.

I'm not sure what your second point is.
    If a conversation is reported, the message text is included in the report.
  3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

So what you telling me is the starter of a conversation has all the power over that conversation and the admin nothing? I really think something need to be done about this one.

and then what happens to it then? Should it not be flagged to the admin moderator. I have had two conversation reported to me as admin. I only became aware of it when I was asked why I did nothing about the reported conversations!
  4. Brogan

You can commission an add-on if you need that functionality.

It appears in the list of reported items.
    What else were you expecting?
  5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

It to appear in the list of reported items but it does not!

Admin View

Default Style

6. Brogan

Then you don't have the relevant moderator permissions/access.
  7. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Ok then
  8. Brogan

9. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Wow well I am speechless that the main admin also needs to do that but anyway it works
  10. Brogan

Administrators are not moderators and vice versa.

They are two entirely different roles and functions.
    Amaury and Chris D like this.