XF 1.4 Conversations redirect

ichpen

Running XF 1.4.7 + UI.X.

So I've received a few complaints regarding conversations. Aparently folks (especially on mobile) fail to notice that their message has been sent as the Message sent slider is rather quick and occasionally is missed. Also the fact that after message is sent the user is left at the exact same screen doesn't help.

I'm wondering if there's a way to customize this so either keep the message sent notice up for longer, style it differently or ideally redirect to conversation list after message is sent successfully.

Anyone encountered this?

Thanks.

After having tried the default style, it doesn't appear to by style related (could be plugin related) but something with my install. It basically doesn't refresh the conversation page after sending a conversation message so I'm not able to see the reply box as I do on this forum.

The first thing to do would be to disable all add-ons and test in a completely default unedited style, ensuring all custom JS has been removed.

@ichpen The page doesn't refresh, the new message is inserted via AJAX without reloading and a success message is flashed at the top of the screen.

Unless you're saying the messages aren't being inserted without reloading?

Top Bottom