XF 2.1 Conversations not showing messages after upgrade to 2.1

joroom

I am also getting this error

Code:
     ErrorException: Template error: Macro public:conversation_message_macros:message is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:586

This could be a problem with your style, or the rebuild of the master data didn't fully complete.

Go to the install system, login and click the "Rebuild master data" button.

Stack Trace

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Macro public:co...', '/var/www/html/f...', 586, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(586): trigger_error('Macro public:co...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(700): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateMacro('public', 'conversation_me...', 'message')
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/conversation_view.php(220): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('conversation_me...', 'message', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ContentRatings\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('conversation_vi...', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Conversation...', 'public:conversa...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Just to cover it, although I appreciate you have a fairly default style already, you should now go to Admin > Appearance > Styles and create a new style with "No parent".

Once that has finished, go to the forum and select that new style in the bottom left corner.

Failing that, you may need to disable all add-ons to see if that rectifies the issue. The recommended way to do that is from within the Admin CP using the "Disable all" button.

The error, taken literally, says that your conversation_view template does not contain this as its first line:
HTML:
<xf:macro name="message" arg-message="!" arg-conversation="!" arg-position="" arg-lastRead="{{ null }}">
So it seems most likely that something has removed it from the template, be that an edit to the template or an add-on.

Looks like you may have upgraded while keeping the Content Ratings add-on active. This addon is not compatible with 2.1. and will cause the conversations to disappear.

Top Bottom