1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Conversation List Popup Item

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Amaury, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I'm trying to add a colon so this appears as "Last message by: User" (I'll later edit the phrase and title case it), but I don't know where it would go in this instance because where the phrase is being called, instead of it being {xen:phrase last_message_by} (which would mean I'd place the colon after the closing curly bracket), it's {xen:phrase last_message_by_x, 'name={xen:helper username, $conversation.last_message}'}.

Convo Popup.png

The whole code for that area is:

<div class="muted" title="{xen:phrase last_reply_by_x, 'name={$conversation.last_message_username}'}">
                {xen:phrase last_message_by_x, 'name={xen:helper username, $conversation.last_message}'}
                <br><xen:datetime time="{$conversation.last_message_date}" />
    I know I could just edit the phrase, but I prefer placing colons in the templates themselves since that's how XenForo does it.

Any help will be appreciated.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Just edit the phrase.

I include colons in phrases in my add-ons, rather than the templates.
    Amaury likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Thanks, Brogan. I guess I'll do that.

The other reason, which I forgot to mention, that I prefer adding colons in the templates is if a phrase is called in multiple templates and I only want a colon in one of those templates, editing that one template would give me the desired results. For this case, though, the last_message_by phrase is only called in the conversation_list_popup_item template, so that won't be a problem. :)