Content moderators can edit profile messages.. why?

Rigel Kentaurus

Please explain me this design decision.. it confuses me, a lot

So I am adding a moderator for a node/forum, next screen is permissions .. and in permissions I see...
"Profile messages"

Why would I want a Content moderator having access to the profile posts?
In my mind, If I am giving permissions for the Node
.... that is because I intend the moderator to be able to moderate that node

and having profile messages granted is an unintended side-effect

Could you consider removing those (just not showing them might be ok), if I want to give someone permissions to edit profile posts I can always add them supermoderator permissions with that.

I presume it's just that the same form/set of permissions are used for both types of moderator.

Personally speaking, I find this setup slightly more flexible as it allows you to grant profile moderating permissions without making someone a super moderator.

Although I can see the argument for having it either way.

I presume it's just that the same form/set of permissions are used for both types of moderator.

Personally speaking, I find this setup slightly more flexible as it allows you to grant profile moderating permissions without making someone a super moderator.

Although I can see the argument for having it either way.

I see

It actually drives me a little crazy .. someone could have permissions to edit profile posts, and I would have to go through all and every moderator check for that ... (with more than 50 forums that starts to be really annoying). I guess I can also do it with a query, since that's how I did it with vb anyway.

I see

It actually drives me a little crazy .. someone could have permissions to edit profile posts, and I would have to go through all and every moderator check for that ... (with more than 50 forums that starts to be really annoying). I guess I can also do it with a query, since that's how I did it with vb anyway.
Is it that big an issue though? If you trust a moderator enough to moderate a forum, what is the harm of them being able to moderate profile posts, which will often be spammed upon by spam bots?

It actually drives me a little crazy .. someone could have permissions to edit profile posts, and I would have to go through all and every moderator check for that ... (with more than 50 forums that starts to be really annoying).
Why don't you set up the Moderating user group to have those permissions turned off - i.e. give all moderators the common permissions you want them all to have.
And then assign individual user permissions to the super moderators.

That's how I do it.

Top Bottom