XF 1.3 contact us

sonaya

my web site contact button is not working when every body contact me then i weill not recieve their mail plz solve this .

I'm on a dedicated box and my MTA is setup for SMTP. I just found out that the Contact Us feature doesn't send emails as expected, and I'm not sure when it last worked if it did at all. There are no server errors in the Admin, nor on server level. How can I tell if the Contact Us form is working or not? Can I trace it somehow? Or?

I seem to be having a similar problem to this one:
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/contact-us-not-sending.68933/

Only, it doesn't matter what email address I use. Emails send out fine - say when a user receives an alert that a thread has been replied to or that they received a private conversation. But the Contact Us form information never gets received... Could this be specific to Contact Us only? I don't see a way to narrow down.. I've tried other addresses in the Email Options section to no avail...

The contact system uses the same email method as the rest of the site. If you're using an SMTP server, unless it rejects the email when you try to send it (which would be logged in the control panel), it's responsible for sending any error messages to your bounce email account. If it's not doing that, that's an issue with the SMTP server itself unfortunately.

You may wish to try using a local MTA.

Thanks Mike, yes I may have to look into a local MTA. So the Contact Us information being sent by the form user is not saved in the database before sending, correct? I was thinking maybe it was backing it up there before sending it out, which I could check to be sure it's doing that first... trying to trace steps.

Top Bottom