[OzzModz] Contact Us Thread

[OzzModz] Contact Us Thread 2.3.7

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Contact Us Thread - Creates a thread when the Contact Us form is used.

When the Contact Us form is used, this add-on will create a thread in a specified forum.

Associates the thread ownership with the logged in user or as a guest user, and uses a phrase to format the message contents.

Notice: The Contact Us flood check is limited to the maximum time of the standard XF flood check. Unless you have Redis Flood Check or a similar add-on.

The username for guest users must pass...

Read more about this resource...

When I try to send a message using the contact form, I get the following error.

Code:
ErrorException: [E_WARNING] array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in src/addons/SV/ContactUsThread/XF/Service/Contact.php at line 77
XF::handlePhpError()
array_merge() in src/addons/SV/ContactUsThread/XF/Service/Contact.php at line 77
SV\ContactUsThread\XF\Service\Contact->validate() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Misc.php at line 66
XF\Pub\Controller\Misc->actionContact() in src/addons/SV/ContactUsThread/XF/Pub/Controller/Misc.php at line 37
SV\ContactUsThread\XF\Pub\Controller\Misc->actionContact() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 88
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1891
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 328
XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

So this only creates a thread IF the person/spammer trying to use the contact us email form can get through the CAPTCHA stuff?

Is it a good idea to create a specific forum just to work with this?

Yes, the thread is created if they pass the CAPTCHA but before the email is sent. You can also use the built-in XF spam checking (spam phrases+akismet anti-spam) as well.

I do recommend using a specific forum for this, simply so you don't mix auto-created threads with user created threads.

Sounds good. I've uploaded and installed. I've been getting loads of spam emails via the contact form. So it should not take long to see if this does the trick. Thanks!

What I recommend doing is creating a subforum off of Admin chat or whatever you call it in your forum so contact us emails go in that instead of "admin chat"

Well, that didn't take long. Already got the first post from a spammer. They've all recently been about fake swiss passports...

Anyway, they got through all the CAPTCHA stuff and even a few silly Q&A things I added. So, I can only assume it is either a REALLY good bot or they are paying some poor person in India a few cents an hour to spam forums...

It did work as expected though. It created a post in the desired forum. However, it doesn't keep me from getting spam emails.

If there were an EASY button I could push to wipe spammers off the planet... it would be REAL tempting!!

i am just curious about this add on. i assume we need to use a forum only viewable to admins and mods for this? plus how does one respond back to incoming query? would replying to the thread send a response to the sender? or this is only designed to create a log of all the messages sent through the contact form.

Yes, you should set this up so it creates a thread in admin area. You wouldn't be able to reply to thread and the member get it, you would have to access the email sent to your forum to reply back.

i am just curious about this add on. i assume we need to use a forum only viewable to admins and mods for this? plus how does one respond back to incoming query? would replying to the thread send a response to the sender? or this is only designed to create a log of all the messages sent through the contact form.
I use an admin/mod only forum, but will then move the thread to a Q&A forum (where members can only view their own thread) if we need to easily communicate with the user. A major part is so it is a log of messages sent via the contact us form, so I don't need to check some random email account.

I have mine setup to send the threads to a junk forum that only the admins can see. The anti spam measures do not seem to be slowing these people down AT ALL. I am getting tons of these everyday. The good thing about the mod is that it keeps emails from cluttering up my inbox. With the junk forum, I can just go in an nuke them all at once without any problems. I do have to make sure to watch for the occasional real message though.

Top Bottom