Constant 502 errors

My host is giving me constant 502 errors (My site isn't even launched yet, I'm just setting up forums and the like) and they're claiming its not them. Could it be xenforo? Anyways, I don't think it's possible its the software and they claim its not even happening.

I'm wondering what other shared hosts you guys suggest?

502 errors are often not server related. They are generally network issues somewhere along the line, between your ISP and host. It can be an issue on the host's end. If it is, it will usually occur when the host is running a separate database server, and there are issues with the HTTP server communicating with the database server.

502 errors are often not server related. They are generally network issues somewhere along the line, between your ISP and host. It can be an issue on the host's end. If it is, it will usually occur when the host is running a separate database server, and there are issues with the HTTP server communicating with the database server.
In nginx it's wrong user/group permissions among other things, it's been that long since I used apache or shared hosting I wouldn't know where to start looking.

Is there anyone smart enough to figure out for me what's causing my errors in my particular case? It often said Nginx though I recognize it. Will take a screenshot next time.

The first thing you should be doing is, inspect the error log. Shared hostings often offer cPanel and you can get error logs from there quite easily.

502 is usually not caused by scripts but still if you got any third party plugins, try disabling it.

Lastly if you're on hostgator, you better find other hosting provider.

Top Bottom