Presently speaking, I am the owner of a medium sized forum Vbulletin and a large SMF forum. I have been thinking of merging both as they overlap in genres. While the SMF forum seems to really like IPB, our vbulletin crew seem to be the most open to trying all three and were the ones who pointed me in the direction of Xenforo.
So I hope I can bombard you with some questions:
We are already needing to upgrade to a VPS. Do any of you know how good these guys are?
1. Liquid Web
2. A Small Orange(Vps)- Big fan of shared
1. Is there any sort of way to send users bulk PMs via the ACP?
2. Is there a CMS that is comparable to IP Content? I'd like to give the users the opportunity to write articles.
3. Is there a chat add-on component that gives users the ability to private chat with each other? We're using cometchat but the users aren't too fond.
4. Is there a way to disable the ability to follow users?
5. is there a virtual store/credits system?
6. Is it rather simple to alter the log-in/sign-in button? This is one complaint the SMF users had. Something that is similar to Vbulletin/SMF's log-in form would be great. From what I understand, they tend to accidentally hit sign-up instead of having to choose log-in.
7. Staff hierarchy: We have a hierarchy on our forums and leaders for each ranks. is it possible to restrict users access on what they can see and access in the Admin panel and what types of members they can edit? Mods can't edit super mods for example.
8. Is there a way to stop it from sending you directly to the first unread post in the thread? Some people would prefer to just go to the beginning?- Another complaint
9. Can you delete individual alerts? If you don't view them all at that particular time, will it clear all the alerts or subtract the ones you've read?- Another complaint
10. Does Xenforo have a in-house made blog system?
11. Can you change the threads per page/posts per page amount?
12. GIFs- One user said that GIFs were a bit hard to do with Xenforo. Something about the size was too small for avatars and they don't move everywhere on the forums. Does the software support gif avatars in the size of 220 x 220?
13. One feature I that I did like on IPB and I think Xenforo has here as well is the auto-draft feature? Does this auto-draft feature allow you to save multiple drafts depending on the forum you're in? Like can I have 3 different drafts for 3 different topics?
Think that is about it for now for questions.