1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering XenForo to replace vBulletin

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by tallgntlmn, Jul 8, 2014.

1. tallgntlmn

tallgntlmn New Member

I am working with a site that has vBulletin 3.x. I am not sure of the exact version number. I'd like to convert it to something modern, supported, and well liked. XF seems to fit that mold. The sites stats are: Threads: 9,223; Posts: 87,267; Members: 2,932. That seems rather small compared to some I see in the forum here.

There is currently some weirdness with our register.php being spammed. I imagine this has to do with the version level and vulnerabilities. Would this issue convert over to XF if we switch?

Does XF contain built-in CAPTCHA or some other human verification? I'd like to keep spammers at bay as best as I can.

I checked the site and all version levels are where they need to be for a XF conversion.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, there are built in captcha systems - reCaptcha and Q&A.

As well as many other spam management tools.

3. tallgntlmn

tallgntlmn New Member

Thanks. I appreciate that info. Which section of the forum here would be best for plug-in questions and conversion questions? I feel pretty confident I will recommend going with XF.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

5. oman

oman Well-Known Member

@tallgntlmn , post them here for now. You won't be able to access the one @Amaury mentioned until you're a customer.

Amaury likes this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

And I just mentioned the same thing here. I feel stupid. -_-